Bose Wave Music Syst. Ultimate Sound? Gallery from inside Devices - Serv. Man. wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the currently version:
WAVE® Music System Packages - Bose WAVE® Music System with DAB Digital Radio, SoundLink? , CD changer and iPod connect kit
Wave Music System ? SoundLink - Bose Wireless Systems - Digital Music Solutions

It is claimed here in Germany by some advertisements, that this would be the smallest HiFi system without separately speakers that provides the best exist sound reproduction over the world.

I need the schematics of this and all formerly variants (I think I, II, III and IV). Who can help?

At the filed attachements you will find a photo collection from the inside components like car cd transport mechanism, car-hifi amp TDA7376B, FM RF-IF amp, display, transducers and cabinet/chamber

http://www.ic-on-line.cn/IOL/datasheet/la6571_4457834.pdf (LA6571 CD/MD 5-Ch Driver)
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LA1837.pdf (FM-RF-IF-Stereo IC)
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1507.pdf (Car Radio Amp TDA7376B)

Attachments

• Wave Radio without cover.jpg
    Wave Radio without cover.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • Wave Radio without cover back.jpg
    Wave Radio without cover back.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Wave Radio speaker enclosure.jpg
    Wave Radio speaker enclosure.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,365
  • Wave Radio speaker chamber.jpg
    Wave Radio speaker chamber.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,299
  • Wave Radio Speaker.jpg
    Wave Radio Speaker.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Wave Radio Tweeter.jpg
    Wave Radio Tweeter.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 532
  • WaveMSys j.jpg
    WaveMSys j.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Wave II P1040220.JPG
    Wave II P1040220.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Wave DSC00253.JPG
    Wave DSC00253.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 536
  • WAVE-j.JPG
    WAVE-j.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 265
Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue

Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue

Attachments

• Wave Radio TDA-7376B.jpg
    Wave Radio TDA-7376B.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 422
  • Wave Radio TDA7376B.jpg
    Wave Radio TDA7376B.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 453
  • Wave Radio PS.jpg
    Wave Radio PS.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 392
  • Wave Radio outside conn.jpg
    Wave Radio outside conn.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Wave Radio Mains Con.jpg
    Wave Radio Mains Con.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Wave Radio main PCB.jpg
    Wave Radio main PCB.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Wave Radio FM RF-IF.jpg
    Wave Radio FM RF-IF.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Wave Radio Interf.jpg
    Wave Radio Interf.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Wave Radio LA6571.jpg
    Wave Radio LA6571.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Wave Radio FM IF Dec LA1837 .jpg
    Wave Radio FM IF Dec LA1837 .jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 380
Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue-II

Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue-II

Attachments

• Wave Radio CD-transp.jpg
    Wave Radio CD-transp.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 333
  • Wave Radio CD Mechanism.jpg
    Wave Radio CD Mechanism.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 262
  • Wave Radio BUF.jpg
    Wave Radio BUF.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Wave Radio AM Ant.jpg
    Wave Radio AM Ant.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Bose Wave Radio II.jpg
    Bose Wave Radio II.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Bose Wave Radio II rear.jpg
    Bose Wave Radio II rear.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 226
  • bose wave radio j .jpg
    bose wave radio j .jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Bose Wave Radio II hinten.jpg
    Bose Wave Radio II hinten.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 177
Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue-III (older CD var.)

Bose Wave Music System Photo Collection - Continue-III (older cd variation)

Attachments

• Bose Wave-CD-open-main.jpg
    Bose Wave-CD-open-main.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Bose Wave-CD- Open transp..jpg
    Bose Wave-CD- Open transp..jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Bose Wave Radio open I-J.JPG
    Bose Wave Radio open I-J.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Bose Wave Radio Open II-J.JPG
    Bose Wave Radio Open II-J.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Bose Wave Radio Open III-J.jpg
    Bose Wave Radio Open III-J.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 402
  • Bose Wave Radio inside.jpg
    Bose Wave Radio inside.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 453
WAVE® Music System Packages - Bose WAVE® Music System with DAB Digital Radio, SoundLink? , CD changer and iPod connect kit

It is claimed here in Germany by some advertisements, that this would be the smallest HiFi system without separately speakers that provides the best exist sound reproduction over the world.

I need the schematics of this and all formerly variants (I think I, II, III and IV). Who can help?

At the filed attachements you will find a photo collection from the inside components like car cd transport mechanism, car-hifi amp TDA7376B, FM RF-IF amp, display, transducers and cabinet/chamber

http://www.ic-on-line.cn/IOL/datasheet/la6571_4457834.pdf (LA6571 CD/MD 5-Ch Driver)
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LA1837.pdf (FM-RF-IF-Stereo IC)
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1507.pdf (Car Radio Amp TDA7376B)

The best exist sound reproduction over the world? hehehehehehe that is the best joke I hear from diyaudio. and now they even cut more cost eliminating the panel on the top of radio lol I do not want to bash this company but they charge Way too much for their "HI FI" staff if I can call that staff HI FI. I guess There are still people that go just for the name.Some years ago I got one as a present and guess what I did with that crab. I re gifted!!!.

2 x 25W4W @ 14.4V, 1KHz, 10%??? is that a joke?

2 x 25W4W @ 14.4V, 1KHz, 10%??? is that a joke?

Bose is one of those brands that polarises opinions. But this is the radio / CD system that is marketed most successful (I think over the world - not only here in Germany).

Main reason: Perfect design; no cables/wires/leads (except that one of main connector), no loudspeaker boxes, no hifi racks for components and other hifi stuff.
That means no trouble, no mix-up and no messy look. Clean and tight outfit.

All people with a lot of money and little time want exactly this and not necessarily perfect sonic quality.

The purchase price amounted 698 - 798 euros for the currently version here in Germany (that means 980 - 1100 US-Dollar - approximately twice as in the United States - I guess)
BOSE WAVE Music System Preisvergleich - Preise bei PreisTrend.de

Even used devices achieve good resale values (look about eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices).

I still search schematics.

Main reason: Perfect design; no cables/wires/leads (except that one of main connector), no loudspeaker boxes, no hifi racks for components and other hifi stuff.
That means no trouble, no mix-up and no messy look. Clean and tight outfit.
Yeah, perfect :rofl: Just what you want... If one thing goes wrong then the whole system needs to be put in for repair, rather than a single unit where you'd probably still be able to listen to something.

Bose & Bang & Olufsen are kind of feeding a niche market of people that want style over substance. I wouldn't touch either of them with a s**tty stick :D If you look at what's in that device you posted you are looking at possibly less than 40 - 60 Euro of components.

Gotta love injection molded plastic enclosures, reminds me of Goodmans car speakers :eek:

Yeah, perfect :rofl: Just what you want... If one thing goes wrong then the whole system needs to be put in for repair, rather than a single unit where you'd probably still be able to listen to something.

Bose & Bang & Olufsen are kind of feeding a niche market of people that want style over substance. I wouldn't touch either of them with a s**tty stick :D If you look at what's in that device you posted you are looking at possibly less than 40 - 60 Euro of components.

Gotta love injection molded plastic enclosures, reminds me of Goodmans car speakers :eek:

Thank, you just took some words of my mouth! you are right on all of this. just one example of their business. The new radio now does not have the bottom panel on top just the remote...guess why? hehehehehe to save even more money and if the remote goes bad or stolen etc you can not buy a universal remote so what is the solution? you MUST buy one from them!.I do not want to bash them but their low quality products and humongous prices are hypnotizing people. Just to mention the small plastic cubes with the bass module (acusstimas) that is build with cheap particle board, they use the cheapest parts and material that they can get and the sound is horrible. but people get crazy with the name of Bose. I would never recommend Bose to anyone!.Save some money and get something better.;)

You might not like it, but this is what a lot of people want. The general quality of current hi-fi packaging (the boxes, wires etc.) is pretty drab to a lot of people - Appearances and ease of use are ranked highly by many people - look at the success of certain products in other areas such as smart phones, TVs etc.

The BOSE WAVE is certainly not the best system I have ever heard, but when you take everything into account... the compact size of the system being the biggest one, it does have a very impressive sound quality... far beyond any similarly sized unit.

I can achieve that sound with less than $30 worth of parts put inside a regular alarm clock (so that takes care of the looks as well). Two decent 2" drivers, a compressor circuit and a delay to achieve that so-called 3D sound. Done.

I can achieve that sound with less than $30 worth of parts put inside a regular alarm clock (so that takes care of the looks as well). Two decent 2" drivers, a compressor circuit and a delay to achieve that so-called 3D sound. Done.

Hehehehe But if you buy in big quantity,I bet you can build one for $20.
Two decent 2" drivers? you can try small car speaker (coaxial) and achieve better sound than those call "wide range".

This is what I found about the small drivers.
Frequency Response 280 Hz to 13.3k Hz at ±10.5 dB
Sensitivity (SPL at 1 meter)* 85.1 dB N/A
Impedance (minimum/nominal) 5.3/8 ohms N/A

* measured with 2.8 volts of pink-noise input

Last edited:
Hehehehe But if you buy in big quantity,I bet you can build one for $20.
Two decent 2" drivers? you can try small car speaker (coaxial) and achieve better sound than those call "wide range".

The tweeters on car speakers always suck, i avoid them because of that. As a matter of fact i have some 2" drivers that handle 150-18kHz well (resonance at 200ish Hz but do okay a bit lower), that i bought for $3 a piece. :D

As for the specs, i've seen them in more than one place. They seem to be the generalized specs for all Bose mid/treble speakers. I don't think they are THAT bad, but i'm not gonna buy one to find out.

I did intend to buy an used pair of Bose MediaMates for $100 just to prove that they aren't any better than the $15 variety, but i spent my money on better things. I think the main reason why they sell (besides the obvious brand name), is that the specs are better than products in their range (heck, 25W is out of the ordinary for an alarm clock), and that there will always be "best-buy" type customers to fool. When your only audio reference are products you find in a supermarket, Bose does sound good.

here you will find some high quality products from Bose's early series (not only loudspeakers):
BOSE 901 Lautsprecher - Reparatur

Well if that what you call "high quality". I have been wrong all these years!!! lol. My father used to use those "901" as stands for flower pots, but the bad thing is when they get wet they expanded too much because the "particle board material". ;)

you'll find the same thing if you open up a lot of so called high quality stuff. Apple ipod vs sony walkman, sound quality of the sony is leaps and bounds beyond that of the apple ..but look at the sales and general perception. The point is BOSE has managed to provide some amount of sound quality in a segment where it was non existent earlier. One of the best products in this segment IMHO is B&W Zepellin Apple iPod® Speaker System - Zeppelin B&W | Bowers & Wilkins

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.