Bose Wave Music Syst. Ultimate Sound? Gallery from inside Devices - Serv. Man. wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Service Manual still wanted.

Just call Bose and ask for it! (you will never get it). They want you to send it back to them and fix it for you and take your money again!!! if you are really into this Bose radio, just get an used one on e-bay.

PS: I found some info on the "special and unique" TDA7376B IC that these things use, The IC is about $4 dollars. Wow...24 watts at 1khz 10% THD? it is a joke!!!! Check some specifications on the chip.http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00000161.pdf

Last edited:
Just call Bose and ask for it! (you will never get it). They want you to send it back to them and fix it for you and take your money again!!! if you are really into this Bose radio, just get an used one on e-bay.

PS: I found some info on the "special and unique" TDA7376B IC that these things use, The IC is about $4 dollars. Wow...24 watts at 1khz 10% THD? it is a joke!!!! Check some specifications on the chip.http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00000161.pdf
really? check out this URLs:
Bose Wave Radio CD, Service Manual in PDF format | eBay
REPAIR SERVICE for Bose Wave Radio/CD system AWRC-1P | eBay

Why waist your money in something that is worthless? I guess your mind is closed in Bose products right! Good luck fixing your radio!
No. I want to find a development for an upgrade solution. Actually therefore all the efforts. According BOSE's advertisement this device is better than most of exist hifi systems for home audio with the great benefit of missing from all the mess of cable stuff. BTW - most users are also firmly convinced, that BOSE's claim is correct.

No. I want to find a development for an upgrade solution. Actually therefore all the efforts. According BOSE's advertisement this device is better than most of exist hifi systems for home audio with the great benefit of missing from all the mess of cable stuff. BTW - most users are also firmly convinced, that BOSE's claim is correct.

LOL, Because Bose said that right? or maybe some of your friends like: the carpenter, the painter, the chef or you pal the plumber...you are easy to convince:p. Bose has washed your brain too. Long time ago I used to be "blind" like you with Bose, I though it was the best of the best in audio system. I had many of their GARBAGE like Acoustimass 5, 901 speakers, 301 speakers, Lifestyle 5, 151 speakers. and I can only say...What a stupid guy I was wasting my money and time with those pieces of crap:D. Too bad nobody opened my eyes and told me the real truth. I studied electronics and I started working fixing TV's, stereos, amplifiers etc and then I realized what all this was about... Bose and I are divorced now;) I do not want to see that brand in my house ever again!. :D

Shame on Bose...taking low priced components & packaging and cleverly marketing them to the clueless for a shameful profit margin. Nothing like that going on in the land of true hifi.:rolleyes: Nobody selling tarted-up interconnects, speaker cables and power cords for hundred$, thousand$ or more. Nobody shrinkwrapping $1 resistors and transforming them into $100 quantum gizmos. Nobody pushing so-so sounding speakers for mid-5 to over-6 figure ranges. Bad, bad Bose!:mad:

Of course a lot of companies try to do that; but Bose has been quite successful at the game, so they get the flack. Still tarted-up "lifestyle" grade equipment.

I like the original Bose boom-box, the one with the 4-1/2" woofer feeding the half-square antenna theory waveguide, and the 2-1/2" twiddler speakers bi-amped around 200hz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If they were $250, rather than $1250 (current price), I would own one.

Bose, while not quite hi-fi, is OK (as long as price is not in the equation).

Last edited:
I am bit surprised to see Bose loudspeakers everywhere.I usually expects them to be Neodymium magnets but they always come with ferrites. Infact I never saw a Bose driver with neo magnets.

I thought Innovators will always use innovative products away from mainstreams.

Is it cost cutting or being Modest from Bose side?

Nonetheless they all sounds terrible ! Including their latest noise cancelling headhone priced around 300$ in India.

Ps:with due respects to what they have given to us.

Last edited:
I am bit surprised to see Bose loudspeakers everywhere.I usually expects them to be Neodymium magnets but they always come with ferrites. Infact I never saw a Bose driver with neo magnets.

I thought Innovators will always use innovative products away from mainstreams.

Is it cost cutting or being Modest from Bose side?

Nonetheless they all sounds terrible ! Including their latest noise cancelling headhone priced around 300$ in India.

Ps:with due respects to what they have given to us.

This is only by listeners, which know only high-quality products from the days arround 1960 until 1990.
But please note - in currently days sound quality of mainstream audio devices and both cheap and expensive ordinary audio stuff is always extremly terrible in most cases. From the view of currently listeners BOSE provides currently one of the best or maybe even the best bluetooth speakers from the good known brands - go to
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...s-small-sized-soundlink-mini.html#post3720198

Last edited:
Hi tiefbassuebertr,

From the view of currently listeners BOSE provides currently one of the best or maybe even the best bluetooth speakers from the good known brands

Well, I am not so sure about that. I had a BOSE product once and it did not impress much except with a ridiculous massive base while mid's and highs were an unintelligible mush.

Have heard JBL yet ?

JBL Authentics L16 | Three-way speaker system with wireless streaming

General Specifications:
Amplifier Power 6 x 50W RMS
Frequency Response 35Hz – 35kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 92dB

If I had the choice, between BOSE and JBL, altho JBL does not have an integrated radio but Bluetooth - sound-wise I put my money on JBL.

I Know a wedding venue designed for 250 people where they installed 4 Bose 502A Panaray Speakers on the 4 corners of the dance floor and an 502B Acoustimax woofer.
Those are powered by their Sound Processor and some amps.
The sound is Rubbish and it is always clipping during the ball since the speakers have small 5'' drivers and are rated only at 150W. The sub is rated at 400W.
On the corridor's Ceiling and other rooms like Appetizer / WC they have installed Bose round 20cm grille speakers but the drivers only occupy 1/4 of the area, so again ...tiny drivers. In the garden they have those 60W rated mushrooms, and You can't hear them during the wedding cake ceremony, because of the fireworks.
Mic Voice isn't intelligible, despite messing a bit with the preamp EQ. It's a "medish" sound. No highs and a boomy bass.
When I looked at the Bose catalog and saw the prices I felt those guys have been scammed, since with that money I would install a Rock concert PA.
My two DXR15 Yamaha's blew that system away last New Years Eve and are rated only 1100W.

I feel BOSE works well on hotels, conference rooms and shopping malls for background music, but hey also have those multiK $$ priced digital amplifiers and speakers for PA, but I newer heard them...

I've forgotten that I own 3 grey Plastic Bose video speakers which are connected to my 5.1 Sony amp for rear and center channel in my room and they sound fine. One of these days will try them on a self-made wooden enclosure….

Pictures of the venue Cascata Cristalina Eventos This Year they moved the dance floor to the middle of the room.

Last edited:
Bose. Great marketing, overpriced product that dont sound great. Like their in cieling speaker that has a 6" grill ( so you think its a 6" driver) when actualy theres a tiny 3" driver. And still flogging there 50 year old 901's, like theres been no advancements in speaker design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.