BGW 7000 rebuild...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
One of theses came into my hand all apart and in severe condition...i decided to bring it up.

It is very surprinsing how small the wiring is into this amp, especialy because of its power rating.

Anyone have things to share about thoses amps ?

btw here is the end result, i changed ALL wiring in it, few outputs and predivers.
It looks ugly but plays loud and ok.
I made i play in bridged mode for 1 minute with 100v ac output undistorded on a 8 ohm load...i think it is good now :D

It will go well in my amp collection, next to a CAS II, a NAD something and two Proximity and a Kenwood.

Attachments

• IMG_4490.jpg
    IMG_4490.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
My favorite was and is BGW 750B with dancing red LED

and previous 750A in quasicomplementary design

rebuild this amps in todays 2 HE is easy, did PCB sounds much more better compare to todays low cost PA amps

yup it was easy, i had most of the parts in stock already, just the pre drivers, and i changed the semi obselete 2n3054 with TIP41c. Almost same spec. It costed me like 20$ to fix it all.

.Sorry to steal the topic! ......Hi Guys,Newbie here.I have a BGW 7000 power amp like the one here.It has a few issues I would like to fix.Can anyone point me in the right direction to a (free hopefully!) copy of the service manual and/or schematic diagram for the unit?Its been sitting here in my room now for about 3 years untouched!Thanks in advance,Greg

Let me know if you have any luck. I have a BGW 7000 power amp that just went out on me over the weekend! It was playing fine then all of a sudden it stopped and popped the circuit out on the back. I felt the amp and it was hot so I let it cool down and attempted to reset the switch. It made a humming noise for about 3-5 seconds then popped the circuit out on the back again. I believe the humming noise comes from the fan. I am looking for anyone that might be able to help me get this back up and running asap. I sent an email to a local repair shop and he said it sounds like it needs at least new filter capacitors and a rectifier for the power supply, and he told me it would cost $125-$150 US depending on the exact parts cost. I am sure this is an easy fix and I could do it myself because the amp doesn't really have much to it! Any help would be much appreciated.

When you say outputs are you referring to the transistors?? Does anyone know where I can get replacement transistors and the correct part numbers? I have never replaced them before but I assume they can't be too hard to fix. Is it as simple as taking them out and putting a new one in? They look like they have some sort of adhesive on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.