marantz PM7200 dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so here it is a marantz PM7200 that is dead

The amplifier clicks from stand by that is audible then again after a few seconds protection clicks and all voltage appear to be normal inside

Front panel though is totally dead no led and absolutelly no control is working ....

in the first amplifier that i had to fix ( 2 of them come in to the shop with in 2 days ) i found that asmall TO92 device (S80820CL) located next to TMP87C846NG front procesor that is a voltage watch dog and provides reset to pin 18 was faulty

in the second amplifier was the exact same thing that caused the problem but also the processor was gone

in a third amplifier Yamaha that ihad to fix similar problems where caused by the same thing S80820CL

Alternative is that you may skip The S80820CL by connecting directly the pin18 of the prosessor to the diode and capacitor that is there thus providing voltage from Vdd to pin 18 for a constand reset ...

regards sakis

( there is no point on writing these but search engines will find it and may be some diyer will bennefit from it )

Hi, Ive seen your reply on this site on one of the marantz problems:

I have a Marantz PM7200 which is in standby mode. (protection mode?) What it does:
-It powers on, measuring all circuits powered, but it does not respond to any remote control input.
-tested remote to be working 100% and sending out signals + equipped new batteries.
-When connected to speakers, it does not give any sound. Can you tell me what to do to get it working? Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.