Please help a chip amp guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has a schematic for a simple 2-3 watts solid state amp.Personaly I like chip amps but a few weeks ago a friend asked me to build him a low power guitar practice amp and pretty soon I discovered that low power chip amps ( like lm386 or tea2025 ) don't ,,like" guitar effects ( especialy distorsion ) - I think the protection circuts kick in -. And since my friend doesn't want to change his music style to something more mellow :) I hope someone can help.

Paul

if it's just a practice amp for headphones you can probably use a 5532 opamp to drive the headphones directly. Alternately you could use a pair of transistors as a current buffer on the end of the opamp to provide a bit more juice.

Headphone Amplifier is an example of the circuit I mean. You could scale this down ab it and drive it from 2x9V batteries if you want it portable. Instead of BD139/140 you could use something like MPSA06/56.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.