Tips on fixing my Rockford P1000-1bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd keep randomly cutting out and all i have to do to get it working again is hit it a bit. the thermal light doesn't come on so i opened it up and found something loose (pictures). the purple wire on top is fine as is the metal strip that runs from the top down the side onto the board, its the connection at the base of the blue cylinder that's broken. also the part with the star on it is a little bit more wobbly than the other two. I was just wondering if ther was a trick to re-soldering it, or if its fine and it is the starred part that i should worry about, either way they both look really awkward to solder.

Attachments

• edited1.jpg
    edited1.jpg
    942.7 KB · Views: 101
  • edited3.jpg
    edited3.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 127
hey i got the board off, i assumed you couldn't because i took apart an old rockford amp a while back and it was somehow adhered to the rest of what i assume is a heat sink. yeah for easy soldering. and the joint is defenitly broken. what part of the amp should i not touch when its on. i disconnected mine for a couple days before i touched the innards so i wouldn't get electrocuted.

Orange is 3, Black is 0. The first two are the read as they are 30 and the third is the muliplier(x10). The fourth band is the tolerance, probably don't need to worry about that. So it is a 30 Ohm resistor and looks about 5 Watts. Electronic parts store should have that, Rat Shack won't.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.