Carvin DCM2000 Circuit Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to fix a problem with the protection circuit on a DCM2000. The circuit can be found at http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/schematics/DCM2000 rev M.pdf .
The concern is with the part of the circuit comprised of D19-21, Q5 and Q6 in the upper right-hand corner of the diagram.
If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to detect speaker shorts, but I can't see how it is supposed to work. Has anyone seen this before or understand how it works?
Thanks,
Chris

Why do you think that D19-D22, Q5 and Q6 are for short circuit protection? If you follow the circuitry further you'll see they are all related to thermal protection. Q101, Q102 and associated circuitry are the normal short circuit (overcurrent) protection. D8 and D14 for an OR gate, meaning either the signal from A7 (thermal) OR A6 (overcurrent) will trip the protection. The circuitry that you are looking at monitors the output and in turn changes the fan speed.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.