harman kardon hk980

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have owned this amp for around 3 months, but im having a problem with DC offset. the service manual suggests between 11 and 12 VDC, however when i bought the amp, both channels were between 47v and 53v:confused:? i have managed to adjust to around 11-12, but i keep having to adjust? and i have allowed for temp etc. was thinking is it better for me to replace the cheap adjusting pots with some better ones?
i ask because they are the open type ones, so eventually dust etc will affect them.
what brand/type of pots would you suggest

p.s. i have the service manual, its too big to post here but pm or leave your email and i can send it

thanks
jim

i have owned this amp for around 3 months, but im having a problem with DC offset. the service manual suggests between 11 and 12 VDC, however when i bought the amp, both channels were between 47v and 53v:confused:? i have managed to adjust to around 11-12, but i keep having to adjust? and i have allowed for temp etc. was thinking is it better for me to replace the cheap adjusting pots with some better ones?
i ask because they are the open type ones, so eventually dust etc will affect them.
what brand/type of pots would you suggest

p.s. i have the service manual, its too big to post here but pm or leave your email and i can send it

thanks
jim

The service manual suggests between 11 and 12 VDC offset? I think you mean millivolts right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.