Noisy transformer Usher R1.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Usher R1.5 power amp with a noisy transformer. We just moved and the hum from transformer seems to have gotten louder I don't know if it's just the acoustics of the new room, I never really noticed the hum in the previous location. Is this typical of these amps? The amp seems to perform fine otherwise. I took a look inside and the transformer is bolted down securely. It starts humming as soon as it is turned on even with nothing connected, grounded and not gounded? Any cure for this:confused:

No never really solved the hum problem, we have moved again and it seems less noticeable probably just very sensitive to dirty AC. Did notice when I open my unit that the balanced cable connection were never wired and the switch for mono was not wired either?? Bought the unit used and it was much too late to complain just FYI.
good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.