hi im new

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and have always been interested in building my own electronics

well what would some good beginner things be to try to build
things that would be usefull
and i could use parts i already have
i have alot of parts i can scrap out of old home receivers and car amps

my goal is to build a homestereo amp in the next couple of months that is capable of powering a .5 or 1 ohm mono load at around 1k wrms

u think i should dive right into that or
experiment
im sure you guys know more than me so i will wiat to see your responses before i get too antzy and electrocute myself lol

:)

You might try collecting some catalogs from places that sell kits...finding one that appeals and developing soldering skills and some actual construction experience.Another thing is to take a class...summer school?...that would introduce you to some basics and provide a group of other like-minded individuals. The amp you've chosen for your first may be not quite the right one to build first. Your idea of recycling parts from broken/non-functional ones is great...however you do need some basics before you start. Good luck and keep at it!

i completely agree with leadbelly, you should start whith something smaller (10-20w rms) in order to get used with all the stuff involved in buildind power amps or you will find yourself in my position some years ago when i started building a 80w amp as my first diy project and ended up with a bunch of components all soldered toghether and doing nothing( fortunatelly they where recovered)LOL. best of luck and i hope to see some of your (working) projects soon.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.