Sansui 771

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My philosophy is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I have vintage Pioneer, Marantz, Kenwood and NAD equipment that I have had for some time that I listen to, none which have been "fixed". They all sound good to my ears so I see no reason to replace any caps, etc. When one stops working or does not sound "right", then I will go inside .

Last edited:
this what is the problem with non solid state electronics and especially vintage audio
they grow old together with the owners ....

get your shelf a capacitance meter ...the cheapest you will find is 15 usd remove any of the capacitors test ..... and let us know ...

i ve been doing this kind of work for more than 30 years totally and almost 15 in vintage audio professionally take my word for it even the best of wquipment will have to be recaped after 15 years of operation ...

this is not a question of opinion ...this is just a fact

happy capacitor regards ...sakis

Joined 2010
Paid Member
does anyone have a list of caps needed yo recap a 771? i want to order them before i tear into mine.
Its not a hard list to make for yourself, straight from the service manual. Print out the page, highlight all listed electrolytic capacitors and voila- job done apart from assigning equivalent or better grades from modern sources. That's not so hard really - pick a popular grade like Nichicon KG for the large power supply types, Panasonic FC for the smaller types and Nichicon UEP for the Bipolar or Non-polar signal coupling caps.

You may have to edit your list to suit the brands and much reduced size of today's electrolytics and availability but you'll have that ongoing problem with buying parts for any recap of old gear, whoever made up a list and even if it was drawn up recently.

Sign up for a free, decent quality manual download here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/771.shtml

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.