Citronic SM450 Mk 1 phono to line conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know how a complete ameture can convert the two phono sliders on a citronic SM459 mk 1 into line in.
I have no phono decks at all but a twin CD player and a twin SD card player that i would like to use on the Citronic mixer. i am concidering using the 5 pin din on the face of the mixer as a conection, however this still only lets me use 4 inputs on 3 sliders. not practical.
I can only think of converting the phono inputs (eg bypassing the preamp) or buying a new mixer, which is what i dont want to do.
Please help with diagrams :)

Build an inverse RIAA network? That avoids messing with the innards of the mixer. It can be done with a handful of resistors and caps.

The Hagtech manual has the schematic and parts list. There's a reference to another article, which may have a version with easier part values (if less accurate).
Hagerman Technology LLC: iRIAA Filter for Phonostage DIY Kit

Thanks for your reply, i have looked into these inverters and found that they are not liked in the audio community. As i said, i am but a simple man that does not understand the vast majority of the Audio speak so when they give details as to why they don't like them it just flies over my head.
As far as i can gather, its something to do with them not giving a true inverse wave, thus making the sound 'dirty'?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.