How to add the subwoofer ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My system consists in an integrated stereo amp, a pair of loudspeakers, and 3 sources (cdp, tuner and computer soundcard)

If I want to add a subwoofer.... The solution I have in mind is to make the sub and a mono amp. I could route the source signal throu the rec outs of the stereo amp to the mono amp. An inductor between it and the sub and its all done. Or maybe the inductor placed before the mono amp, or an active xover ?

But the main question is about the source distribution using the rec output of the stereo amp. I cant seem to figure out a better way....

Thanks for any ideeas.

Hey man,

Yep, use them..... run that signal into a subwoofer crossover, (DJ Bassamp) has a good thread on subwoofer crossovers and run that into an amp. If not, run the outputs into an amp and then an LC filter (crossover) for the speaker like normal.

Good luck,

Chris

Thank you guys. I think its quite fine that the rec outs dont have anything to do with the volume of the main speakers. I will put a pot at the input of the sub amp.

The amp puts 2x30 @8ohm, speakers are some 94-95 db (Eminence parts) while the sub is the infamous LAB12 which is quite insensitive. At the rather low levels I listen to, the 120W of the Leach should do the trick with it.

I was talking to one of the people from the prosound.com forum. He built a regular type of sub (75 liter vented) with the LAB 12 and was using a bridged amp to put some 800 W in it :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.