Thule Audio Vintage Integrated Amplifier IA-120 (IA120) Schematic wanted

Today I get a very fine sounded vintage amplifier for service: the IA-120 (see jpg attachement)

It was sold at a time when the German distributor for Thule Audio was still the same company that at the same time sold the loudspeaker brand ETON (LPG, Neu-Ulm). Approximately between 1984 and 1990.

Perhaps one of the members can post a PDF schematic - Thank you very much

Attachments

• Thule PA350B.jpg
    Thule PA350B.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,464

Attachments

• Thule IA-120 front.jpg
    Thule IA-120 front.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Thule IA-120 open top.jpg
    Thule IA-120 open top.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 548
  • Thule IA-120 rear.jpg
    Thule IA-120 rear.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 573
  • Thule IA-120 right view.jpg
    Thule IA-120 right view.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 212
Today I get a very fine sounded vintage amplifier for service: the IA-120 (see jpg attachement)

It was sold at a time when the German distributor for Thule Audio was still the same company that at the same time sold the loudspeaker brand ETON (LPG, Neu-Ulm). Approximately between 1984 and 1990.

Perhaps one of the members can post a PDF schematic - Thank you very much

Hmm. Can you send me lots of photos for that amplifier services? I am looking for the best sound.

Hmm. Can you send me lots of photos for that amplifier services? I am looking for the best sound.
before carried out photos about amplifier services I mast first have the schematic diagrams. Who can help?
Here URL's from dk and se:
S: THULE IA 50 - integreret balanceret forstærker
http://www.faktiskt.se/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=616317
perhaps one of this guys know, who have service manuals of this both vintage models.

Here an IA120 offer from Taiwan:
http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/history?21009098685749

Last edited:
Last edited:
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi, sorry I don't have any schematics, but I just had read through on the Danish link S: THULE IA 50 - integreret balanceret forstærker

I don't know how good your Danish is, but from the comments it seems that a known thing about the early Thule's is that they are "electrolytic cap cookers". The bloggers advised that "all e-caps be replaced, starting with the most obvious/overheated, but be ready to go all the way to even replace the SMDs".

The thread ends with success by just replacing the 100uF e-lytes between the voltage regulators, and the amp came back into life. (For how long though, you may rightly ask yourself). Also, Thule did apparently admit to the design fault and offered a PCB upgrade for a mere DKK 1600.

Anyway, hope this helps
Per

Hi, sorry I don't have any schematics, but I just had read through on the Danish link S: THULE IA 50 - integreret balanceret forstærker

I don't know how good your Danish is, but from the comments it seems that a known thing about the early Thule's is that they are "electrolytic cap cookers". The bloggers advised that "all e-caps be replaced, starting with the most obvious/overheated, but be ready to go all the way to even replace the SMDs".

The thread ends with success by just replacing the 100uF e-lytes between the voltage regulators, and the amp came back into life. (For how long though, you may rightly ask yourself). Also, Thule did apparently admit to the design fault and offered a PCB upgrade for a mere DKK 1600.

Anyway, hope this helps
Per

thank you for this advice. Power amp sections of IA50, IA100, PA100, PA200 and those from the younger "Spirit" line are all similar and I know the Schemas. Concerning this models there are several threads here and any statements from me concerning "electrolytic cap cookers" and some more.
The asked amps seems to be completely other. There are only few devices produced from Anders Thule, so I think (expensive in manufacturing and cheap by purchasing. Therefore I want to know the schemas of this models. Maybe a Danish member from diyaudio can post the first posting here on the mentioned Danish forum.