Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It woudn't surprise me a bit if the stability problems weren't 'rats nest' related. When you start building high-performance amps - that is, one with higher open loop gain and/or bandwidth - the need for a proper layout and low inductance bypassing increases exponentially. Keep trying - it can be made to work. Just not necessarily the first time.

Blameless doubt

Hi everybody

I send a private message to ostripper, but reading all the topic I think I can post here my doubts. By the way, I would like to copy the Blameless, I just want to know if I can use this transistors above:

I´m using the schematic at figure 33 of the article:
Distortion In Power Amplifiers

And I have some transistors. Could I use:

TR7, TR9 - 2sc3281, 2sa1302
TR6, TR8 - 2sc4793, 2sa1837
TR13 - 2sc4793 (can I use the 2sc3790???)

TR1, TR5 - 2sa1376 (insted of bc 560)
TR4, TR12 - 2sc3478 (insted of bc 550)

TR2, TR3 e TR10, TR11 - 2sc3381 - 2sa1349 (2 transistor in 1 capsule)

The power rail is +32,4V / -32,8V DC, with 45000 uF. Its sufficient simetry?

And.. Anyone have the PCB layout? Just to help me do a new one.

Thanks a lot
Ricks

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
will not kill the one till Todd (taj) say OK! to that, because that helped me a lot, he even made schematic and was producing (starting) boards.

No problem here. My enjoyment is drawing and learning. Already a success in my mind. :) You can kill it now, I've had my fun. Well, it would have been additional fun to build it and listen, but it's your amplifier, not mine.

Yes, revisiting is a word in English. Gonna be perfect into that! ;)

..Todd

Attachments

• DX-Blame-ES-schematic-TAJ.gif
    DX-Blame-ES-schematic-TAJ.gif
    37.6 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Fine!... wife is returning from downtown with a pound of solder

And i gonna build the HRII..also will re open, to revisit, ressurrect or ressuscitate the amplifier.

The poor one never had a real thread. Everything was running in the group buy and some presentation in the Dx Amplifier thread.

This into is ugly, i will study your english lesson once again Taj, to substitute this onto and into.

regards,

Carlos

Yes, it is possible after finish the HRII construction

Why not?.... i am ready to change my mind several times a week, this means evolution!

But i would be much more happy watching someone alike you, or the others written in the list to hold this job to me.

Do not tell folks, but that one has pi---- me off.... i was saying to the amplifier that i am skilled and the amplifier saying to me:

- You are not!

And i was repeating:

- Hey!, c'mon, with all those capacitors you cannot oscilate anymore!

And the circuit board answering:

- Yes, i will!

This amp not only made me tired as showed me the finger.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
It is playing rigth now!...MY GOD!...the sound is almost perfect...

To my personnal taste....naturally!

If the Dx Standard was rated and evaluated by myself, it would give 75 quality points.

The HRII would jump to 82

This one would have 96!

My Orkut group of friends will assemble...all them will do...they sai:

- Sounding the way you are telling us, if it work for a whole day long... and them explode, the pleasure it will give us will be enought payment by the parts and labor applied.

Distortion is 0.0031% THD.... but will not survive 4 ohms and 2.2uF

Not an error, the zobel sounded better at this place and was more stable at the scope...why?....i have no idea!

Carlos

Attachments

• This one, for a while.jpg
    This one, for a while.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Carlos I have some comments, BTW i love watching your little vids on youtube, you cant really verify if your amp has good sound using your pc as source, most pc s sound terrible, also you should not use mediaplayers graphic equaliser to change the spectrum keep it flat and try using windows 7 as operating system as as microsoft has changed the kernels and the new mediaplayer has been given a huge boost in the sound quality department, its noise floor is much improved. If you using MP3 format music files at least use 320kbs ones.

I hade troubles with Windows 7, was removed, in special because i had troubles into

the audio... a very strange effect (defect) using Windows Media Player audio equalizer and also other equalizers, alike Real Player and that one for Ipod. ( Itunes)

When i tried to increase the bass the treble became reduced and mufled... a very strange effect, and happened with all musics i had, 320K and others.

Then i have bougth a new audio board and the same happened once again.

Then i remove the Windows 7 and re-installed XP Professional once again... XP does the same but does a very small ammount, while the new drivers inside the windows 7 made an enormous mess.

Also, my old Azus mother board was not very happy with so modern software ... i have here to install once again, but in advance i will buy a new mother board and surrounding parts (memory, new HD, bigger supply and so on.

My memory is 2 Giga, and the Windows 7 loves 4 Giga!

Image was not good too, some videos could not be reproduced, the microsoft high resolution ones had framing troubles here, reproduced alike very old movies.... strange movements.... frame was not 30 per second, my system could not face.

um abraço,

Carlos

My God!, it is sounding much better than the best one i have listened

The Macintosh tube amplifier from the seventies.

have eated all my amplifiers and all amplifier i have made during my whole life!

And cannot face capacitors, will explode...ahahahahah!..interesting!

So, technically not a perfect amplifier, but sounding perfect and measuring very good too!

regards,

Carlos

Dx amplifiers are not virtual or result of simulator or theories, beliefs or ...

imagination.

They are always real thing, tested and compared, deeply used, listened for several hours long, people is called to visit me to listen and evaluate.

You may see in this picture, rigth side the ccs control, left side the voltage regulator..it is a matter of switch from one to the other and fast compare...there are no doubts when you do this way.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Zener or CCS.jpg
    Zener or CCS.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 454
Beautifull and super fast dear todd.

I was making a revision and i found i made a mistake, plus and minus 20 percent will exceed the BD139 maximum VCE.... it is not very good.

Please dear Taj, let's fix the stuff, let's indicate 35 volts plus and minus 10 percent.

The trouble is only the BD139/140 maximum operative voltage, some of them are 80 volts.

Dear Taj, do not waste your time with the HRII anymore, this one has eated the HRII, i am already producing two boards to assemble a stereo, will be my main amplifier from now on.

thank you,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame ES, revision 5A.jpg
    Dx Blame ES, revision 5A.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.