Pavel's MOSFET Follower - No Darlington Mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PS and cap multiplier question

Hi Shaan,
Can you please review my configuration to see if it is applicable to my build of the schematic in post# 145?

I have a 25-0-25 200 VA toroid. Is it possible to implement 2 cap multipliers for the two channels of this amp? Something like: 25-0 winding to one multiplier, and 0-25 winding to the other?

Would a 10 amp bridge rectifier suffice?

Thanks

Hi auriga.

I'd suggest you drop the schematic in post145 and go for the one shown in Figure-4 in Project 83 page at Rod's site sound.westhost.com

Regarding PS, a 10A rectifier will suffice but try to use separate windings for each channel or one single winding for all channels.

If you must use the method you proposed then make Absolutely sure that the two grounds for each amp Never comes in contact, ever! But I think this will be hell of a trouble as the signal source will most probably short the grounds and you may end up with a system prone to set itself on fire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.