replacement for TBA231 help req

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could someone told what is TBA931 and if it has any equivalent/repleacement operational amplifier?

Many thanks for any sugestions.
check out this:
ÊÐ551ÓÄ2Á, (TBA931)(1990-97ã), óñèëèòåëè îïåðàöèîííûå, ÏËÀÒÀÍ
(TBA931 = КР551УД2Б)
Ersatz für alte OPAMPS (für Revox) - ..:: Bandmaschinen - Forum ::..
and by post #12 about
Saba TB 674 (mit Prospektauszug) - ..:: Bandmaschinen - Forum ::..
From the electrical view you can use most currently available OP-AMPs (NE5532, TBA231, OPA2604, OPA2134), if you match the compensation devices according the recommendations in the datasheets. But not from the mechanical view (i. e. modern OP Amps are not pin-comtatible).

Attachments

• Revox A700 only TBA931 pdf.pdf
    49 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Thank you, tiefbassuebertr.

Why I ask about TBA931? Answer is short: I want to buy Reel-to-reel old deck. The r2r deck should be easy to modification and fill up few conditions:
1. 10,5" reels, 2-channel
2. good idea of tape drive and precisely its way
3. simply electric drive control schematic (without difficult software)
4. easy to buy all ICs

I choose two types of these device: Revox A700 or Tascam 32, 35-2 or 42B. Revox is fantastic machine but has few rare ICs. Tascam has a popular Tape drive control IC but exotic Japan transistors. So I prefer the Revox. I read your post about SC10429. But there are other rare IC as: TBA931, TCA561 and TDA1000. I read your post about SC10429. I wonder if I can buy all above ICs in Revox. The TDA1000 is available in Semiconductor: TDA1000 (TDA 1000) - IC from Dönberg (price 27EUR). But where I could buy rest of these ICs?

BTW: I read your posts about Sony laser pick-ups. My second big plan is to build new CD player based on SONY KSA-151A. I have two machines with the KSA-151A in good condition (Sony CDP-222ESD) and intend to buy one piece else.

With a bit tinkering and soldering on a sub-print I got a TL072 to replace a TBA231 in a HULDRA 10.
Result?
Very good. Much more open and analytic than the TBA231.
Just solder in pin for pin the inputs, the outputs and the supply-wires.
No need for any other adjustments in any way.

Revox A700

Hi All

I have Revox A700 tape recorder in good condition which has been given to 60+ years old technician for refurbishing. I am planning to change TBA931 with direct equivalent SN76131. It means I don't need to do any modification on any other component except TBA931. Also where do I get them SN76131? Does any later years Cassette decks from Technics, Akai, Pioneers used them, if yes then I may get them!

Sachind4u

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.