Aura VA100 Phono stage problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am not particularly knowledgable on electronics but trying hard to get a grasp. I have owned an Aura VA100 and the TU80 for many years and had a lot of satisfaction from them. I am reasonably happy with the VA100 but have recently started to use the phono stage with a new Systemdek turntable I have acquired. The phono when first used sounded good but after approximately 3 minutes the right channel died. I have swapped the stylus feeds around and I am happy the problem lies in the amp which either refuses to run on the right channel or if it does it lasts only for approximately 2 to3 minutes after start up. It is almost as if a unit is heating up and once warm fails. Can anyone point me in the right direction for identifying the possible problem?

I note the previous threads on this amplifier and would be grateful if somone could advise if there are any standard simple upgrades that can be made to improve the unit - that is not to say I am dis-satisfied with its current perfomance as it does appear to me (an admittted novice) to be a reasonably good amplifier but if there are any simple upgrades then I would be tempted to try to improve on the sound.

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of this phono stage which Aura claimed was very good - but there again they would. Jak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.