I am proud to announce the Dx-M, 300 wiskies of power with a very low distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Carlos I agree with Bigun, don't give up yet, you have added many new things in that design, one part of DIY is to study each part of the circuit and make some small research here and there, right? :)

You could for instance try without the current mirror, and then you could instead of CCS loading drivers try just a simple resistor between the emitters of MJE340/350, and there are certainly many other interesting tweaks you could try out.
Go back a couple of steps so we don't have too many new feature at once which will just make up to the confusion.
You will get the inspiration from us, don't worry! ;)

Cheers Michael

Last edited:
Have dismounted and used parts to produce a standard

to be tested under 80 volts... and the standard, as usual, worked fine.

I do not know bigun... sounded alike the Precision 1 .... no way to have two amplifiers sounding the same.... i have not evoluted and my health problems are impeachment to go insisting for too long.... this will ruine my circulation..no way.

Have not worked the way i want, after 3 hours tweaking i use to give a shot on them...this case i have made the Standard to be tested, as TAJ is interested and i wanted to know (scope) if there's something strange.

Nothing strange, nice sonics.... subject finished.

The picture is the Dx Standard customized to TAJ, he wants to use his 70 volts power transformers.

Let this thread die dear Bigun...next amplifier will be Dx Best!.... not this time.

a big hug to you...till the next amplifier dear Bigun.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Customized to TAJ.jpg
    Customized to TAJ.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I found unstabilities, then the CCS was removed and the traditional circuit was assembled in place... sound stérile...then i have removed the CCS to drivers, result much better...well.... finally, resulted alike Precision 1

I wonder why ??? MJE340/50 driving 5 pair 21193/4's ??? Hmmmm... current sources 10 times more Ic than main drivers , lucky no :hot::hot::hot: you give up way to easy ! Build the mje340/50 - 21193/4 - 21193/4 triple with mje15032/3 or Tip (XX) current sources and it WILL work (Attached).

Edit : D5/6 = red led with 1.6-1.8v drop , 4 diodes would work ,too.

OS

Attachments

• doneright.gif
    doneright.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I have not health conditions to insist too many hours into an amplifier

When i found it sounding alike the Precision 1 i give up, because i think it is non sense to me to produce another one alike in sonics.

But maybe, if you are interested, you can develop the amplifier to suit your needs and beliefs.

My legs and feet gonna inflated by bad blood circulation, i had pains into the legs....no condition to me to go sitted for many hours anymore.

Enjoy the amplifier, and try a CCS, this way maybe will sound different compared to others..and this will be an advance to forum, giving them several options of sonics.

CCS to drivers use to produce a nice sound, in special punch into the bass low end... electrocompaniet did it a long time ago.

never mind and be happy,

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I have tested this one, made for Taj and Sound buster

as both of them told me they have the 70 volts transformers.

This one was tested, but, as drivers i have used 2SC4793 and 2SA1837, and as VAS i have used 2SC4793.

Into the differential i am using BC556C, and this because my supply have voltage drops...better to use 2N5401 as shown into the schematic.

Working fine, sounding great, very stable, pumping high power (more than 300 watts in 4 ohms)... waveform fine and TESTED!

regards

Carlos

Attachments

• Customized to TAJ.jpg
    Customized to TAJ.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Dx Amplifier to Taj and Sound.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
You are welcome dear Black, the schematic is final

I am listening continuously, more than 8 hours listening..working fine and stable, sonics a 100 percent good!

Here one more recording made, this time using microphone.

YouTube - Dx amplifier, Taj and soundbuster unit.mpg

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx amplifier, custom to operate from 60 to 85 volts.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 64
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.