Max voltage of 2SK170?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have not worked with 2SK170 at high B+ before. For a future singlestage preamp-project I intend to use it with the DC-working point like below with B+=90-100V, Vd=35-38V, Id=8mA, P=280mW. This is quite close to the limits of 40V/10mA.

Will there be any immediate risk of frying it due to the high B+? My main concern is what will happen on "power up".

Attachments

• SK170VOL.PNG
    SK170VOL.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 213
I have heard of fets being selected at the factory for over 2x their nominal V rating as a special order product

but if you're looking for for low noise you really don't want to push the Vds - look for "hot carrier" noise

maybe you could talk yourself into counting a cascode as "single" stage?

Hey jcx,

Will never go two stage ie. cascode;). This is intended to be a line stage so noise will not be that problematic.

It is not above its voltage rating but the question is what happens at turnon. Using a mosfet cap multiplier with a long time constant should probably sort that out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.