Help with this amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
a few years ago my friend built me this hybrid amp,now he move to other country and i lost contact with him.
this amp now damage,it has distort sound,such like clipping on every volume.
after i turn off the amp,i measure the dc offset on one channel,it show -50vdc,after the relay click on.
somebody can help me please..
here is the schematic for input stage (tube) & output stage

lot of thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,031
  • xt1000c.jpg
    xt1000c.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,027
transistors information:
q42= a970
q58= c2240
q43= d669
q57= b649
q44= 2n6488 (not mje 3055)
q56= 2n6491 (not mje 2955)
q45= c3281 ,4 pcs each channel
q52= a1302 ,4 pcs each channel

the emitter resistor for q45 and q52 are 0.47ohm,they are not bypass such on pic

the supply are +/- 55vdc

transistors information:
q42= a970
q58= c2240
q43= d669
q57= b649

the emitter resistor for q45 and q52 are 0.47ohm,they are not bypass such on pic

the supply are +/- 55vdc

q52= a1302 ,4 pcs each channel, toshiba's :D

So are you saying there is 55V on the speaker output ?

transistors information:
q42= a970
q58= c2240
q43= d669
q57= b649

the supply are +/- 55vdc

You verify before the fuse on negative and positive rail. If it is Ok, then it miss the bias in the upper half. If fuse is broken, then you have a transistors short circuit in the relative side.

Francesco.

You verify before the fuse on negative and positive rail. If it is Ok, then it miss the bias in the upper half. If fuse is broken, then you have a transistors short circuit in the relative side.

Francesco.

thank you,all transistors were check and they are normal,the fuse also ok,and i don't know where to set the bias for that amp,there is no bias pot as you see on schematic

cheers

yes, -50,... vdc on the speaker output ,when the relay turn on,but when the relay still turn off,there is no significant dc on output speaker,and that just on one channel,other channel is normal,but the sound is distort,like clipping.
thanks

Yes, i not be seen your answer before: if you have dc offset only with relay on, then you have the 0,22 cap in short.

Francesco.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Are you saying you have swapped the cap and it's still faulty ?

If you only get an offset when the relay at the output of the valve closes then either the cap must be leaky or there is some strange wiring fault/short etc.

It's not possible for it to be anything else.
Remove the cap and see if the offset problem remains when the relay closes.

Extremely obscure is the posibility that the valve stage is oscillating, you would need a scope to check... or remove the valve.

Are you saying you have swapped the cap and it's still faulty ?

If you only get an offset when the relay at the output of the valve closes then either the cap must be leaky or there is some strange wiring fault/short etc.

It's not possible for it to be anything else.
Remove the cap and see if the offset problem remains when the relay closes.

Extremely obscure is the posibility that the valve stage is oscillating, you would need a scope to check... or remove the valve.

thank you ,yes i swapped the cap and the problem still there,when relay is not connect with the valve stage (relay shorted to ground),there is no dc offset on output

very sorry,i forget something on circuit,there is caps 47pf on collector to base q42 and q58, if i remove those caps the 50vdc is gone,but this happen only in one channel,the other channel still fine altough the caps still on there.
and the other problem,the sound is very distort on both channel,very weak,such like clip on every volume
thank you

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Tomat,
You need to step back and start again :)

The relay is drawn incorrectly... you mention it shorting the input to ground... yes !

If so it's possible there is a problem in the power amp and the effect of shorting the input is masking the problem... particularly with you saying removing 47pf caps stops problem.
You need to isolate the where the fault lies, power amp or valve stage/relay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.