Heatsink insulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I riped an insulator in an amp I'm working on. its a car amplifier the transistors are attatched to the case with clips and the insulator is a tape that is stuck to the case. I don't want to use mica insulators because I tried that before on an amp with a similar design and it's difficult to line them up right so that they wont short without the screw. I could not find the correct insulator eneywere then and I had a local electronics store order it for me from nte and it took 6 months to get. I was wondering if enyone new where to order this from or (a long shot) if anyone knows where to get it near Seattle WA.

I riped an insulator in an amp I'm working on. its a car amplifier the transistors are attatched to the case with clips and the insulator is a tape that is stuck to the case. I don't want to use mica insulators because I tried that before on an amp with a similar design and it's difficult to line them up right so that they wont short without the screw. I could not find the correct insulator eneywere then and I had a local electronics store order it for me from nte and it took 6 months to get. I was wondering if enyone new where to order this from or (a long shot) if anyone knows where to get it near Seattle WA.

Try Welcome to rswww.com they have flexiblke washers for the job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.