Simple 200 watt complimentary FET amplifier (possibly tube driver?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for ideas on a simple 200 watt ss amplifier (full complimentary output) using FET devices.

Recently I am convinced that a solid-state amplifier is the way to go instead of trying to scrape together a high power tube amplifier. :(

How difficult is it to add a tube based driver stage to a solid-state output stage?

TIA

How knowledgeable are you?

There are lots of good kits for SS amps, if you want to build a known design; some of these have FET output devices.

If you want to design your own, I suggest you start off by looking at some of the existing designs, and understanding the issues that they solve.

Hybrid designs (tubes+ SS output) exist; they are some what harder to do well, due to the lack of P-type tubes, but some very good ones have been published.

What is the intended use of the amp? The design tradeoffs for say driving the low-bass in a PA system are fairly different to those for driving a Hi-Fi system.

Can i have the design?

Dude,
Could i get the circuit design from you for this amp?
I've wanted to build a hybrid for a while.

I designed my own MOSFET amp with a tube front end.

I opted for an SRPP stage driving into a standard class AB MOSFET amp with the gain reduced to allow for the tube gain. It sounds very clean. If your not after a clean sound (ie guitar amp) then a more basic tube stage might be in order.

I am looking for ideas on a simple 200 watt ss amplifier (full complimentary output) using FET devices.

Recently I am convinced that a solid-state amplifier is the way to go instead of trying to scrape together a high power tube amplifier. :(

How difficult is it to add a tube based driver stage to a solid-state output stage?

TIA

Have you thought about a hybrid ?
Power of a MOSFET with a valve sound.

MOSFET Amp Full Simetry

APEXaudio Simple 240/350W MOSFET Amp.

Attachments

• APEX MOSFET.jpg
    APEX MOSFET.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 510
  • P1010406.JPG
    P1010406.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 465
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.