Re: Sansui 3000A vs. Yamaha CA 1000 II Integrated Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Sansui 3000A vs. Yamaha CA 1000 II Integrated Amp

Hello guys. Can you please help me to decide if I'll let go my Yamaha CA 1000 II for Sansui 3000A? I am really confused because these 2 amps are good. I want to know you opinion based on sound stage (quality of sound), durability and the like. I do look too much on amp wattage. My speaker is Audio Nirvana Super 8 pointsource speaker.

Please feel free to express your opinions. Thank you. :)

P.S You can PM me to avoid unwanted debate on this thread.

I am a Sansui enthusiast, so I cant really say much about the Yamaha. The 3000A receiver goes back 40 years to the late 1960's. I actually have one in my collection of Sansui amps. Its certainly well-built, but I would be cautious about buying one due to its age, as well as the fact that a service bulletin was issued by Sansui back in the early 70's to correct a design flaw in the output circuit.

If you are interested in getting a Sansui receiver, I highly recommend a G series model, they were a decade after the 3000A, in the late 1970's. The previous generation, the 9090DB... 5050 series were excellent as well. A midpower G model, like the G-5500, 6000, 7000 would be an ideal balance of decent power without costing too much ( a 160 Watt G-9000 is an awesome receiver, but will cost about $500, avg Ebay price, give or take).

If you were to look for an integrated amp instead, I highly recommend the Sansui AU-717.

Regards,

Fred The Best of Sansui

Ps: Oh, I just noticed, you are in the Philippines. I was there twice this year to visit my girlfriend. I know some Sansui friends who live there as well, I can put you in touch with them if it might help you to locate a good Sansui to buy, or any other advice they might be able to offer you.

Ps: Oh, I just noticed, you are in the Philippines. I was there twice this year to visit my girlfriend. I know some Sansui friends who live there as well, I can put you in touch with them if it might help you to locate a good Sansui to buy, or any other advice they might be able to offer you.
Thanks Fred. Actually, I am enjoying my Yamaha CA 1000 MK2. But, for a change I want to try the Sansui 3000A which was offered for swapping. However, I agree with you on the situation of its age..40 years old. Well, I'll take your advice for it. Also, please do give me the contact numbers of your Pinoy friends here if it's ok with them. Thanks again.

P.S.I am from Molino, Bacoor, CAvite..near SM Molino

Hi, my girlfriend is in Cavite now (Imus). She was originally from Surigao. We went to Boracay when I was there in late August, very nice.

The friend I was referring to is "Sandawa". Join the site PinoyDVD - Index
and you can find him there. I was going to try and meet him and his friends when I visited, but we couldnt do it because of my trip to Boracay. I posted a few messages on the site when I returned from my trip

Login

Hi, my girlfriend is in Cavite now (Imus). She was originally from Surigao. We went to Boracay when I was there in late August, very nice.

The friend I was referring to is "Sandawa". Join the site PinoyDVD - Index
and you can find him there. I was going to try and meet him and his friends when I visited, but we couldnt do it because of my trip to Boracay. I posted a few messages on the site when I returned from my trip

Login
Oh yeah, I know Sandawa post in Surplus amp. I think he is an old member of PinoyDVD. I am also a member but log in for buy and sell only. I am also in wiredstate. Well, sorry out of the topic. But small world. Your GF is from Cavite area also.

We can easily meet if you are goin to Cavite. We can meet in SM Bacoor. Until then Fred. Thanks again. I'll keep my Yamaha CA 1000 if I can't find a Sansui CA series.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.