Signal path caps........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently changed all the signal path caps in my lil nad, I chose Panasonic FC's for the most and some Nichicon Fine Golds for others. Now it seems to be too bright and less dynamic.

Are the FC's and Fine Golds the wrong choice? if so, what should I go for without searching the earth for black gates?

They haven't had much running in but I doubt they'll age much better, How about Elna silmic II's??

Anyone????

How long have they been running in for? I usually allow a week before making any drastic decisions, and - IMHO - Black Gates just aren't worth the time (literally! As in burning in time) or money.

When caps age they often soften the presentation of the amp - you naturally adjust to this over time without really noticing. When putting in new caps the amp is back to working as it should, and that can often take a few days to get used to once again playing music with clarity (if it's a good design of course, which most Nads are). It's like having bad vision but being used to it, and suddenly being given glasses lol!

Those caps are fine - give them a while longer.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.