amplifier kit in USA - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 06:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
lanchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AREA 51
Question amplifier kit in USA

Hello fellas! I have been looking for a company that have good solid stated amplifier kits or integrated amp.I build an integrated amp LM3875 chipamp That sounds wonderful. But I would like to get into solid stated.I found many excellent amps kits but they are located in Australia.The ones that I have found in USA are poor in quality and power.Thank you guys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 06:51 PM   #2
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
Hello fellas! I have been looking for a company that have good solid stated amplifier kits or integrated amp.I build an integrated amp LM3875 chipamp That sounds wonderful. But I would like to get into solid stated.I found many excellent amps kits but they are located in Australia.The ones that I have found in USA are poor in quality and power.Thank you guys.
I Garantee you won't be disappointed with Anthony amplifiers. Well worth the $$

Amplifier Kits - Audio Amplifier Modules - MOSFET Amps
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:26 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
lanchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AREA 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaman View Post
I Garantee you won't be disappointed with Anthony amplifiers. Well worth the $$

Amplifier Kits - Audio Amplifier Modules - MOSFET Amps
Thank you. I did see these kits too.But as I said before, I am looking for a good source in the USA. I also saw the Aspen amplifier,Aksa.all from Australia too. it is bad that in the USA We do not have those kinds of kits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:30 PM   #4
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
Thank you. I did see these kits too.But as I said before, I am looking for a good source in the USA. I also saw the Aspen amplifier,Aksa.all from Australia too. it is bad that in the USA We do not have those kinds of kits.
How come you want to stay in the usa ? are you worried about shipping or something ?

I guess another question is, what is your power goals needs etc etc, what about budget ?

What type of music is this for ? How many amplifiers you need ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:47 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
lanchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AREA 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaman View Post
How come you want to stay in the usa ? are you worried about shipping or something ?

I guess another question is, what is your power goals needs etc etc, what about budget ?

What type of music is this for ? How many amplifiers you need ?
Yes, I am worry about shipping!
I am looking into 100 watts per channel RMS
I listen to a wide variety of music
I am looking for two channels (stereo)
I saw some good one from Aspen ..Aska but I am not so sure if I made a mistake calculating de Australian dollar but I got around $1500 for the kits. lol With that money I can get a nice amp hehehehehe it is the LIFEFORCE 100 $1670 Australian dollar. Maybe I am wrong but if this is the price....they are koo....koo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:49 PM   #6
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
Yes, I am worry about shipping!
I am looking into 100 watts per channel RMS
I listen to a wide variety of music
I am looking for two channels (stereo)
I saw some good one from Aspen ..Aska but I am not so sure if I made a mistake calculating de Australian dollar but I got around $1500 for the kits. lol With that money I can get a nice amp hehehehehe it is the LIFEFORCE 100 $1670 Australian dollar. Maybe I am wrong but if this is the price....they are koo....koo.
Email Anthony, shipping won't be to much, just get the amplifier and psu kit from him, and buy the transformer and heat sink in the usa, I bet anthony will get you a great package deal. He's easy to work with and a great guy.

J'
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 08:10 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
lanchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AREA 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaman View Post
Email Anthony, shipping won't be to much, just get the amplifier and psu kit from him, and buy the transformer and heat sink in the usa, I bet anthony will get you a great package deal. He's easy to work with and a great guy.

J'
Thank you! I will email him.I hope I can get a good deal, if I do, I will order 4 boards. thank you again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:30 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
nigelwright7557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Carlisle, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
Hello fellas! I have been looking for a company that have good solid stated amplifier kits or integrated amp.I build an integrated amp LM3875 chipamp That sounds wonderful. But I would like to get into solid stated.I found many excellent amps kits but they are located in Australia.The ones that I have found in USA are poor in quality and power.Thank you guys.
What about ebay ?
They have a huge range.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:33 PM   #9
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
Alot of the amplifiers on ebay are Chinese knock-off's of some one else's design's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 03:51 AM   #10
lgreen is offline lgreen  United States
diyAudio Member
 
lgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Diego, USA
Typical. You asked for USA links and everyone is responding with recommendations that plainly do not meet your criteria. And then they challenge your criteria.

Wish I could help.
__________________
Retired from DIY (2010) but still lurking now and again. My DIY audio projects- PartTimeProjects.com.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Amplifier - Pre Amplifier Unity gain - Voltage gain - where as royal way ? tiefbassuebertr Solid State 9 9th June 2011 06:49 AM
Wanted: DIY amplifier builder with experience. I need a 0.7 ohm stable amplifier Audiophilenoob Swap Meet 34 16th May 2005 11:58 PM
Questions about how to decrease the PASS A-40 amplifier into a class AB amplifier. novtango Pass Labs 2 21st October 2002 01:50 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2