for Tucsonsean (My version of the Lateral Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TucsonSean said:
Tino96,

You requested a deisgn based on Anthony Holton's Lateral FET amp. Here is my take at it. I used his design as a starting point and then went a little further. This is an amplifier for a bass guitar and will be powered from +/- 60V rails. I use IRFP240/9240 devices in this. I will be finishing up with the PCB design within the next 2 weeks. Depending on the reaction, I may post the gerbers for the PCB.

Matto5,

Check the previous thread for my link to the updated schematic on Anthony Holton's site for the 400W symmetrical amp. He suggests the modifications if you are going to use the IRFP240/9240 pairs.

Sean
in the thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13792&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

you've attached the bass amp.zip file
the reactions are good?
if yes, I'm wait for your PCB
regards

Hello tino96,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been busy building a workshop and have not had time to complete the amp layout (gotta have a place to store all of my projects ;) ). I should be able to finish the layout within the next two weeks (as long as everything goes according to plan). I will be posting the gerbers when I am finished and possibly after I test the amplifier. I have to make sure that the amp is stable.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sean

I'm Back...

tino96,

I have finished the PCB layout and will be posting an updated schematic within the next few days. I will be getting the prototypes made within the next two weeks. I will test the boards and make sure there is nothing wrong with the layout before I post the layout and gerbers.

Great News (sort of)

tino96,

Sorry for the long delay in everything. I just got my boards back (10 in all) and am in the process of building one up. Unfortunately I have to leave on a trip for a couple of days so I will not be able to finish building until this coming weekend. Everything looks good with the new boards and I haven't found any wrong connections. All should proceed well. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Sean

Amp update

Hello tino96,

I just got back from another busines trip and am leaving this Sunday on another one. I hope to finish building the amplifier when I return on Wednesday. Then I will be able to test it with an Audio Precision System one that is sitting on my bench at work. I will try to post the layout before I leave on Sunday. I have not found any errors so I believe that it will be fine to post and if there are any I'm sure that someone will let me know. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.