pre-amp schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is an attached schematic of my pre-amp I am building.

The supply will be run of 3 12V batteries.

Was going to use BG for the 100uf supply cap, but with the issue of discharge in these caps... probably not.

So... looking for ideas to use for this cap...?

Use Riken for the resistors.

Ideas for output coupling cap???

Does the BG Cancelling pair using NP have the same discharging effect as the others?

Any recommendations on the pre? Gain is around 6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 595
issue

The issue is with that BG caps need a very long break in period, and if you turn the pre-amp off, next time you tuen it on, needs several hours for best sound.

With battery supplies.... keeping them on for more than a couple of hours is difficult.

BG caps sound the best when the equipment they are in is left on all the time...

so I have I been said....

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: issue

RichardJones said:
The issue is with that BG caps need a very long break in period, and if you turn the pre-amp off, next time you tuen it on, needs several hours for best sound.

With battery supplies.... keeping them on for more than a couple of hours is difficult.

BG caps sound the best when the equipment they are in is left on all the time...

so I have I been said....

Apart from the break-in period this is nonsense. Don't believe everything people say, better try it yourself.

The break-in period can be shortened by putting the caps on a power supply for some weeks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.