Potentiometer like Alps for complete disassembly wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
there are two screws at backsite on the blue alps potentiometer, but I can only remove the backsite. Unfortunately I cannot disassembly the whole device
because there are no removable elements on the shaft

I need a version special made for complete dismanteling to cleaning and polishing the contact aera and the brushes. Who knows more about such potentiometers?

I recall, that a very old and very large version from Alps allowed this.

Last edited:
are there any news?
I need potentiometers for disass'y in the same mounting kind than follow rotary switches:
http://www.lorlin.co.uk/PDF/PT.pdf
I know only "one-way mounting" versions like the following pics (start at image number 2).
By the blue version there are two screws, but no removable elements on the shaft, unfortunately covered by the white type sticker.

Attachments

• rotary switch for disass'y-I.jpg
    rotary switch for disass'y-I.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 724
  • Alps blue pot rear view.jpg
    Alps blue pot rear view.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 710
  • Alps poti for car radio.jpg
    Alps poti for car radio.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 713
  • Alps standart version.jpg
    Alps standart version.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
Thanks for the picture.When also the shaft fixing is for disass'y, this would be an appropriate choice (please send also a picture from the shaft fixing so as the brand name).
Basiclly I need a pot like the blue Alps, but with metric threads, two nuts (one of them self-locking), and spring-rings on the shaft (in the aera behind the sticker) for adjust the pressure of the lamellares for contact.
I wonder, why not a lot of companies offer such attenuator/potentiometer kits (as usual by rotary switches).
Yes, I was joking of course. A ridiculous price for any form of volume control, let alone a simple pot.
It can be disassembled though. :p
No joking. I have used this pot two times for amplifier upgrade for devices, that are very often in use by a DJ.
A precision device - indeed. And very good suited for disass'y and cleaning. The costs of this small amp model at whole (Cambridge Audio A1) are approximately half of that one of the potentiometer.

Last edited:
NOBLE potentiometer guts

Here are a few more photos. The whole potentiometer is easy to break down.

Attachments

• Mounted single deck_1_1.jpg
    Mounted single deck_1_1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 221
  • Front plate_1_1.jpg
    Front plate_1_1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Deck_1_1.jpg
    Deck_1_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 709
  • Rear plate_1_1.jpg
    Rear plate_1_1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Rear shaft mount_1_1.jpg
    Rear shaft mount_1_1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Wiper_1_1.jpg
    Wiper_1_1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 5 decks_1_1.jpg
    5 decks_1_1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 192
Thank you. For new projects probably a good approach (I haven't experiences with light dependent resistor's and their character by various ambient temperatur and the dynamic behaviour by music signals, thus I haven't a statement).
The reason for start this thread was the aim, to find such potentiometers for replace defectice and oxidated ones in old amps, so that then only will be disassembled and cleaned by the next maintenance (instead of replacing it again).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.