legend master amplifier by boraomega

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see anything special in these circuits. They look like standard class A-B mosfet designs to me. Is the lack of current sources to bias the differential pair and VAS in the first circuit a deliberate design choice or just cost cutting?

Last edited:
Sekhar this is what Bora has mailed me

"LEGEND StageMaster MK2 is a very good and powerful amp. It doesn't belong
to HiEnd class for sure but is very respectable sounding unit with a lot
of power. It was not designed with home indoor use as a primary target,
for; such power is seldom used at home and indoor except maybe in some
larger disco clubs. Honestly speaking, due to that high power it might
rather go slightly toward PA class but other specs and quality are far
above PA standards and needs!

My only additional suggestion for you is to eventually think about
StageMaster instead of StageMaster MK2. StageMaster is 250...270W but is a
bit easier (and cheaper) to build."

to meanman1964,
i desperately need to make an amp as u suggested Stagemaster for its simplicity...........I do agree to u........... did u make the stagemaster .............i am uploading a schematic is it stagemaster if so will assembling it exactly according to the schematic will make it work without any problem ........ plz help

JLH75 amplifier version reupdate of John_Ellis has the same compensation(c8). This compensation replace phase lead compensation? Is better?
GEirin

Attachments

• JLH75 Ellis.JPG
    JLH75 Ellis.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 569
Joined 2010
Paid Member
is it safe to connect 4ohms speaker??
Virtually any class AB amplifier output stage with just 1 pair of >110W output transistors will be considered "safe" with 35V rails and 4R loads.

Amplifiers only become "unsafe" when builders use higher rail voltages, less quantity or lower rated output transistors than specified or inadequate cooling. i.e. no clue what they are doing.

You need safety circuits such as limiters, compressors etc. where amplifiers have no other means of preventing accidental overdrive, causing the amplifier to operate unsafely. That is a condition applying to any amplifier with any realistic load and is one of the few practical means of ensuring safe operation.

Safe power ratings are a relative term and most DIY amps would never be called truly safe.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.