Dx TriAmp bass unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I reffered your schematic... dear Carlos

and the same voltage (+/- 62 DC)... i just wanted to design the PCB for folks who are willing to construct that.. I too want to construct and feel the super sounds of Dx triamp. but before that i have to complete Dx standard and DHR turbo housings and speaker enclosures for them.

Since I dont have any technical knowledge to design amps, I decided to draw PCBs. At least I can contribute to Dx corporation in that way.:rolleyes:

Dear uncle Charly, if you can post me a universal schematic for both triamp bass unit for 62V and the Dx standard 62V so we can use one PCB layout with different component values for both (If it is possible only). By the way Alex mm is the no 1 designer in Dx corporation(IMO). His DHR turbo PCB is very nice! I cannot ever beat him hehehehe...

Attachments

• Dx TriAmp, Bass frequencies unit.jpg
    Dx TriAmp, Bass frequencies unit.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 282
Not needed...the Dx Amplifier has already a board.

If you want to make the bass unit pcboard..well, it is up to you.

Dx Corporation thank you by the confidence into our products.... all them free, dedicated to provide you nice musical moments in your life.

I could not recognize your flag.... what is your country Lycanlk.... in the past we could rigth click and have that information about the flag country...i could not find that anymore.... there's no town, nothing written...what to you think to visit your profile and provide us some more news about you?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Here you have the resistances bigger than 1/4 watt

Others you can use 1/4 watt (250 miliwatts) or bigger if you want.

Into the schematic the special ones..the ones to install higher wattage compared to the standard 1/4 watt normally used in audio amplifiers.... so...other than 1/4 watt resistances are marked.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• resistances - watt.jpg
    resistances - watt.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 236
My country is Sri Lanka...

Colombo is our capital city. i'm living close to the capital. Its an island in the Indian ocean (a big island.. hehehehe..). you can find more by googling it. because my english is not good to explain more.. :)

I only know about Greg Erskine PCB for Dx amp which is designed for +/-35V. Its a good work. Can we use the same board when we supply +/-62 volts or do we already have another board to fit components when the supply is +/- 62 volts? (if so... I have missed that, sorry)

Anyways I can try triamp bass unit followed by your schematic :) or someone else will try.. ahahahaha... never mind.. ill be happy... !

thank you !

Thank you Lycanlk....now i know.... yep... Sri (Siri in my language)

Sri lanka is know here in Brasil..... we know all countries...we have to study that in school.... i forgot the flag.

But i know some important countries that knows nothing about that stuff...they already think my capital is Buenos Aires and that Brazilians talk spanish.

ahahahaha!...crazy thing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Sri Lanka.jpg
    Sri Lanka.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thank you for the marked schematic..

Siri and Sri both are accepted by my mother language but slightly different meaning for both according to my language skills. SINHALA which is not a very famous language. But I would say its a very rich and difficult language especially when it comes to literature. Alphabet has more than 50 letters.. hahahaha..

You are welcome Lycanlk.

Dx Corporation has one subsidiary producing "active filters"...Town is Belém, State of Pará....exactly in the middle of the Amazon jungle, having the Amazon river flowing and producing beaches there..the subsidiary company is called "Marcisium Laboratories" and the active filter, made to the Dx TriAmp is beeing prepared.

Soon you gonna have news about.

Picture shows the bass unit prototype.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 3 vias com buffers.jpg
    3 vias com buffers.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Para graves.jpg
    Para graves.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Marcisio, from "Marcisium Laboratories" works as a computer programmer

But he is a figther too... thailand martial arts.

His active circuit to be applied into the Dx TriAmp will "smash" the competition, the same way he use to smash people while figthing..he is a Champion!

Marcisio is at rigth side.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Marcisio 22.jpg
    Marcisio 22.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 66
Here you have the schematic tested by Marcisium Laboratories

Soon he will send me, by mail, boards to be assembled and tested.

This way, amplifiers will not have input filters and modifications will be posted latter..the special modifications for the bass Amp, the midrange Amp and the treble Amp to match the active input filter.

The circuit has buffers to match impedance and to increase level a little bit.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Active input filter to Dx TriAmp.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 155
Listen the TriAmp playing... recording made using electret condenser microphone from

Panasonic, model WM61.

There are noises, vibrations and some saturations.... not a very good recording, but show you the "idea" about Triple amplification.

All amplifiers are Dx amplifier, the standard one, wich schematic and needed instructions are into Greg Erskine pages.

here is the link...click the link please!

YouTube - Dx amplifier, triple amp playing, mic. audio rec.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Click.jpg
    Click.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 296
Negative, the Dx TriAmp design is not dead.

Because nothing can beat that IDEA..... to separate audio bandwidth results better, not only to equalize, to adjust audio to your room acoustic, but also as this reduces distortions offering to each amplifier, a smaller audio bandwidth.

Of course, the Dx Blame ES sounds better than my old and delicious Dx Amplifier..so, i will substitute some amplifiers, from the Dx TriAmp, to use Dx Blame ES units.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dsdsds 1435.jpg
    dsdsds 1435.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 72
  • dsdsds 1438.jpg
    dsdsds 1438.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 80
3-way active line level crossover, made by Marcisium Laboratories

for the Dx TriAmp.

24dB active crossover.

Dx TriAmp unit was dismounted to substitute some boards by the Dx Blame ES amplifier, the crossover you see down and left side....it is under re-construction.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 3-way active crossover - 24dB, by Marcisium Laboratories.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Under construction Z.jpg
    Under construction Z.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.