Pavel Dudek's (Upupa Epops) amplifiers II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...and very well hand soldered...

Attachments

• DSC_8532.jpg
    DSC_8532.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 2,090
...and very well hand soldered...

Wow, soldered by hand!

My first and last humble question:

Is this work (and also what Fotios is doing) really DIY? What would a Nord American human, with family and full time job, need to reach the same level of implementation within reasonable costs and time?

But then, I can't do such soldering anyway...

P.S. I feel much better, I have noticed a few 85 degs electrolytics :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
What is DIY and what is not...

That is the question, Fotios...not every people are handy in mechanical work, not every have machine shop at home. All this my work are primarily designed for our Czech and Slovak DIY community and all is organise by method " group buy ". Only by this way you can do thing, which will be good the same like professional product and only at this base you can learn people to make " honest " work. And if you will live beside iron curtain forty years like me, you will hate every work, which stink by amateurism....:)

Last edited:
Answer is simply, Fotios: for best thermal conductivity are prism made from copper and as you know, hand is perspiring, so past a few days you have there " good ornaments ". The only one defence is plating them by some inert metal, e.g. by chrome or nickel. Gold is more expensive, but look much more better...and screws are cheap, one cost ca. 0,1 euro...
And if you can, give me connection to Roman... :)

Last edited:
My daugther was helping me.

have a link to your amplifier review?

having such kind of thing, them please send me, i am thinking to assemble to listen by myself, but in advance i would like to read some evaluation made by third person, not you, as designers use to be biased.

I do not feel confortable with double simetrical input as this needs perfect matching... reason why i would like to listen someone's unbiased (if this is possible to someone that have assembled the unit..just to build it, the guy turns automatically a fan)... well... something alike unbiased evaluation...or less biased.

Many transistors should increase base to emitter capacitance too... but i have to listen to know by myself that stuff..sometimes does not result the way we imagine..sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Those fets were nice..i like that..also the op amp there.

As i could not see values, then i will redesign your amplifier... and will evaluate it based on my own decision about currents, unless you inform the values. (better to yourself..imagine if i make a mess on it!)

I am glad you are now much more cooperative and will give us the part's values too.

dxpanzerfausten@yahoo.com.br

thanks in advance,

Carlos

Last edited:
Not having published schematics with the correct values

we can redesign, or recalculate..using only the amplifier basic frame and extructure.

As we have operational amplifiers, and they work with 12 volts, the input can be tested using AC127 and AC128 (germanium)...ahahahahahah!

And we can use 12 volts simetrical to the differential, this way we gonna have 12 volts simetrical to the operational amplifier..and there we can place a very famous one..the ua741...eheheheheh

To drivers we can try AD140, ASZ18 and some others... 2SB477 may help too.

Well... redesign is good, because if it result sounding fine,... then was because i have redesign it good...for good...and if it resulted bad, was because your schematic was defective.

ahahahahahah!

better to post schematic dear Epupa.... with the "guaranteed" values printed on it... so, your standards of quality will be protected against "good" design solutions.

Beautifull your amplifier, was very appreciated by me..and because of that, now i want to make it even better, as i have no schematic, then i can make it new!

Carlos

Attachments

• 741 op amp.jpg
    741 op amp.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,083
  • AC127.jpg
    AC127.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,998
  • AD149.jpg
    AD149.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,984
Last edited:
they do not like to share

Carlos,

Pavel Dudek has been publishing in Czech magazines ages before the art of online scavenging started.
Schematics of a few of his amp designs were printed in magazines overhere even long before the diyA forum surfaced.
You can easily find the details on the DPA222 yourself (+ board layer files), there's no need for Pavel to post that stuff again and again himself.
You're also forgetting that there's been a thread dedicated to the "leading" Duce designs for the last 5 years :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28683

The MKII update of the 222 looks a bit more assemble friendly, such as BF469/470 instead of Upupa's favorite but hard to get Sanyo A1540/C3955, just the C1-C4 thing on the boards escapes me.
There's been a group buy of the 222MKII hardware parts at the Czech audio forum a couple of years ago, both for the SS stuff as the goldy lock screws.

Edit : Oopsie, make that BF471/472 instead of 469/470.

Last edited:
Thanks Jacco for explanation for Carlos... :cool: Only one little notice: BF469-472 are out of program, but they can be replaced by other similar ( video ) types...
These stated amps was designed in the year 96, so they are relatively old. Past good experiences with them ( mosfet ones ), next step was design of little bit more powerful model, called TYA I ( Ten Years After :cool: ), because it was ten years later from my published serial at Amaterske Radio ( Cz journal for DIY )...here are the photos and this is for now all... :cool:

Attachments

• PICT0077.jpg
    PICT0077.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,021
Mr Popa,

P-A forgot to mention that he's still hosting some of Upupa's files :
http://sjostromaudio.com/dudek_files
There's a dedicated thread on the Duce power amp 222 at forum.audioweb.cz, all files easy to download without a forum membership.

Thank you, meantime Pavel offered to send me the full information in private. It's great that this information is available for everybody, hope Pavel wouldn't mind about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.