Perreaux problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I had my perreaux 8000c re caped, small signal transistors replaced re biased and cleaned with 2 fets replaced around one month ago.I just got around to hooking it up last night and found that it seems to have uncontroled gain??
I am using it to power a set of homemade ported subs 200hz to 50 hz when i tryed the amp listening to Seal the subs were over extending and sounding uncontrolled and loose. Apon hearing this i changed the amp out for my other perreaux to find the speakers and inputs ok.
My question to anyone is could some one please explain the cause of this or point me in the direction to find the faults both chennels.
Will post schematic if required.

Any one helping i would like to thank in advance

Andrew

Hi
Thought of Acute Seal allergy! And then tried some White snake.
Caps where of brands suggested from this site .
I did not see them go in but i will be checking in the morning.
I had an expert put them in and set up the bias the other perreaux i have is a 9000b and i did the service on it no problems. So i am lost ????????????????????????????

Andrew

Hi

Have added schematic happens in both channels.
Have now checked over replacment caps all look ok do not know the brand.

Can not find anything at fault or wrong.

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driving my subs with an old ETI 50w amp not my costly Perreaux.

Andrew

Attachments

• Perreaux0065 (Large).jpg
    Perreaux0065 (Large).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 210
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.