sansui au 9900 trouble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I get this right. I'm working on a Sansui au9900 that has had all the caps on four boards replaced. The unit originally turned on and the power light went to green, but then clicked back and forth from red to green and just stays on red. I followed the troubleshooting in the service manual and all of the transisitors cheked out ok along with the rest of the flow chart. If anyone can give me some insight I would appreciate it. By the way, I measured +/- 47v going to each output section from the power supply board.

Hi,

Yesterday I only experience the same problem after capacitor C35 and C36 on board F-2661 was replaced.

Still looking at the problem now. Replacement of the others was no issue with one exception. The solder points on the power board and driver board seem to be a little off from the mask. Had some power problems and low audio on one channel before discovering the solder mask thingy.

Was working fine till yesterday.

Dont suppose you had any luck with your reported problem from Feb2009?

Thanks!

Hi,

Discovered the issues were due to my initial searching for a item to desolder and moved the joint a little though it was still soldered and multi-meter shows no connectivity problems - on the driver board.

Only noticed it when I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong. Once I pushed it back in and resolder, works fine!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.