Preamp for Hiraga

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have Hiraga amp with 19V (1.3A quiescent current) and I try to connect my Dac with BB1794 and IV conversion with ne5534. When I connect my dac on Hiraga there is no sounding,only buzzing with no music. This Dac works well on my stereo integrated amplifier Menuetto and with techncs preamp and hiraga. Why there is no sound when dac is connected directly (there is no series capacitor in the signal path). What preamp do you sugest to me to build (simply and relatively cheap) because this passive combination dont work.

Attachments

• dacizlaz.JPG
    dacizlaz.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 408
  • hiraga-1.jpg
    hiraga-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 403
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
you probably have offset on output of that I/V stage , resulting with mentioned problems

if I remember correctly from few pics , Menueto have input cap

place any cap on output of that I/V stage and try ;

without more details , I can't tell you more

IIRC that DAC is unipolar, meaning that the '0 signal' output current is maybe 2mA. That would mean that your I/V has 1.5V DC at the output, which will drive the Hiraga amp against the supply.
Put in a coupling cap and you should be fine (if the amp & speaker survived...).

jd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.