pre amp/OP amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could, but you'd have to get a line output converter, something car audio guys use when they're trying to adapt stock head units that don't have a line level output to amplifiers that only have line inputs.

It's a temporary fix, but I wouldn't want to permanently use the system like that at home.

Does your power amp even need a preamp before it, or can you just put a pot in line to control volume?

iv got a 70W per channel power amp in to a single basspad type speaker that i mounted a tweeter in and i am making a pair for my Design technology project. the cabinet that i made i put an old peerless tweeter of my dads in and it sounds amazing but i need a pair but the ones i have looked at say that they are 6ohms and i thought that you had to match the resistances of the two speakers in the cabined even after the crossover! coz my bass driver is 8 ohms! ?? help me plz!! ps what potentiometres do i use for volume control???????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.