Newbie on a marantz pm94 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,
Well as a absolute amateur I am very proud of myself.I got a PM94 MARANTZ from my sister with popped fets.Had a severe mishap at work and broke / shattered my tibia...so in a cast for 4 months!.The positive side is that I had a lot of time to teach myself about electronics and with the help of forums have come a long way!.Ordered new replacement fets sj200 / sk159 and replaced the resistors and VIOLA a sweet sounding amp.:D Now the funny part -being the amateur that I am I then proceeded with DC OFFSET -no problem Then IDLING CURRENT adjustment POP POP POP THE FETS WENT ONE BY ONE :eek::eek::eek:.The sad part is I now have myself in deeper trouble -damaged the comparator :(. Nobody told me how sensitive the pots are:mad:.So now I have a problem-I popped the driver board trannies too and cannot find them in stock anymore.They are NEC 2SA 1142 / NEC 2SC 2682.I have been advised by electronics store suitable replacement is 2SA1352 / 2SC 3502.Somehow with my limited knowledge I am not convinced.I have a couple of more questions about zener diodes etc for this amp so I will wait till someone with knowledge throws this newbie a bone:confused:Regards Seafire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.