diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   "Maximus Power Amp" (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/151265-maximus-power-amp.html)

Lazy Cat 7th September 2009 02:04 PM

"Maximus Power Amp"

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe something similar to start working on in near future. Expert criticism wellcome. :worship:

donpetru 7th September 2009 03:11 PM

Hello,

A complicated diagram that will be very difficult to put into practice. Imagine that you have to balance very well on the differential input stage voltage amplifier. With so many transistors in that stage, is very difficult but not impossible.

Your amplifier diagram will be a regrettable adventure DIY audio.

Let us know if succeeded or works this audio amplifier!!!

Best regards

destroyer X 7th September 2009 03:56 PM

Man!.... or you are too much courageous, or too much crazy

1 Attachment(s)
My respects if you will face this monster...heheheheh.... exagerated!

be happy... as courage you already have.

Carlos

Lazy Cat 8th September 2009 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And associated protection circuit for Maximus Power Amp. :)

Lazy Cat 8th September 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroyer X (Post 1917861)
My respects if you will face this monster...heheheheh.... exagerated!

be happy... as courage you already have.

Carlos

This monster, as you called it, I already faced splited in two different amps. Exactly the same VAS stage I employed in my StereoLith amp which has different output stage and exactly the same output stage I employed in my ProJet Power Amp module. So I said to myself why not to combine these two excellent parts in my next Maximus Power amp project.

So be it.

I will gladly take a role of a knight to face a "monster" amp and beat it. :knight:

Lazy Cat 8th September 2009 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
VAS stage PCB looks like this: :wiz:

Nelson Pass 8th September 2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Cat (Post 1917780)
Maybe something similar to start working on in near future. Expert criticism wellcome. :worship:

Well, that's certainly ambitious.

:cool:

Lazy Cat 8th September 2009 10:56 PM

Yes it is, but you probably don't know that I'm listening my StereoLith amp for a quite some years now and it is still simply the best sounding amp I had in my home.

After building StereoLith I said I'll never go to built such demanding and time consuming machine again, but as always, never say never again ... so it came that this year brought me a new pair of big speakers and I tried very hard to move some heavy amps to my home (Burmester 911, Esoteric A-03, Plinius SA110 ...) and still my homemade amp was simply better, more musical.

As you see now my only choice is to go further on from my verified past stages and do something, maybe even better. :shy:

Bigun 9th September 2009 03:16 AM

Well it may look frightening at first, it's a big schematic, but the concepts inside it are all familiar. Seeing as you have proven out the building blocks already, seems that it has a chance. How on earth you optimize it though, lots of variables and pcb layout is a project all of itself. Looks as complicated as some commercial designs I've seen published around here.

I bet Digikey is looking forward to this too :D

juma 9th September 2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Cat (Post 1919050)
...I will gladly take a role of a knight to face a "monster" amp and beat it. :knight:

Go Lakner, go !!! :wave2: :up: