DIY Curve Tracer for PC - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2012, 09:03 PM   #201
diyAudio Member

NAy luck exporting data to excel. Sorting is interesting
Old 7th June 2012, 10:59 PM   #202
alazira is offline alazira  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMac View Post
After modifying the device to do high current measurements I now obtain very reproducible traces to above 4A with NMOS DUT's. Moving to (complementary) PMOS devices, the curves however go "crazy" (fluctuate) at currents above about 2.5A using equivalent settings.
What is causing this? Anybody else seeing the same thing?

The device auto-numbering feature is useful, but would be much better if it gave an output like: "text-001, text-002, text-003 etc.", rather than: "text-1, text-2, text-3". It is painful to sort the current labeling in software like excel......
Hi NicMac,
Try using a larger 'step' (i.e. 0.15 vs 0.1) to see if it helps smooth things out.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:34 PM   #203
diyAudio Member

Is there a device driver I need to load? I can't get the software to recognize the curve tracer.
Old 8th June 2012, 02:58 PM   #204
locky_z is offline locky_z  China
diyAudio Member

If you use USB interface,You need to install the 'PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0.exe‘ first,
After install the USB drivers,then connect them with USB wire, and run software 'ads7871_v3s.exe', and select menu 'Options->Config',click the 'Auto Detect & Get parameter', if Curve tracer is connencted,then will diaplay a 'Parameter get from the device',otherwise,will display 'Device not online'.
Old 8th June 2012, 03:53 PM   #205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
NAy luck exporting data to excel. Sorting is interesting
yeah that it is.
Got about 600 more then start again bin by bin
Then 1000 PNP

Then again fine sorting before they get soldered
No problemo boards not due in for couple of weeks

I am running curves and then taking HFE at one off fixed voltagge.

It would be great help is there was a curve number label on charth graph to make it easier to recognize instead to have to Hi light one by one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BC33740.jpg (1,003.5 KB, 296 views)
Old 8th June 2012, 04:01 PM   #206
diyAudio Member

Got the labeling part down pretty good. Need to learn how to sort in excel. Could do it with progrgam I guess, but a streamlined process would be nice. Going to be trying some things this weekend with sorting. Bet LockyZ sort feature would be nice hint. OTOH, when you get em from the factory, they tend to stay nice and tight anyway I have been able to get my fets pretty hot by using .01V step up. Dont know if others have experienced this Right now settled at .1V, but thinking of more dtatpoints for more accuracy. I wish there was a way to pick Vgs measurement points. THen you got primo control. Anyway, LockyZ, dont listen to me. I just fussing ove a phenominal piece of equipment.
Old 8th June 2012, 07:14 PM   #207
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I have been able to get my fets pretty hot by using .01V step up. Dont know if others have experienced this Right now settled at .1V, but thinking of more dtatpoints for more accuracy.
The device heating is proportional to the number of measurements points and the numbers of measurements at each point. I was actually thinking to use this effect to heat the device to operating temperature, but the software is not flexible enough to implement it well.
Importantly, you should decide the settings before doing the lot and not change them underway. The absolute values you get out are very settings dependent because of the device temperature.
Old 8th June 2012, 07:22 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

I agree completely. Balance between too much heat and too few data points. Too much heat is clearly a bigger problem, so not too much of a decision. I pretty comfortable with the measurement setup, as it corresponds well to pre matched test. Any excel sorting experience you would like to share. Been too long and have forgotten too much. Use to be able to do about anything right out of school. Oh well.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:15 PM   #209
diyAudio Member

Where is a good source for that USB driver? A couple of the web sites that came up when I searched for it look a little suspicious to me.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:33 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

johngalt47,
The driver should be included in the software package.
NicMac,
Did you ever solve the P channel issue?

Hide this!Advertise here!