Can you suggest me another DIY audio forum? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2009, 10:01 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Can you suggest me another DIY audio forum?

We have some...from time to time we have some amplifiers to DIY, and some Dyers land here or get out from their caves to have fun with us.

Now a days we are having a "gap".... some ciclic, or seasonal thing i think..... do you know another forum where people really explore the Do it yourself world...say...more diy then other kind of conversations?

I love this forum.... but sometimes i do not find interesting (diy) things to read, to build or follow.

Can you help informing where i can find this.

Brazilian foruns also entered the theories only...no one is building anymore....

I will never abandone this one (gratitude because several reasons)..but sometimes..when diyers are sleeping here, i will be able to find some waken up guys out there.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 5th September 2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:30 AM   #2
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Don't leave us, Carlos, we value your many informed and eloquent opinions!

Sincerely,

Hugh
Old 5th September 2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
We have some...from time to time we have
Now a days we are having a "gap".... some ciclic, or seasonal thing i think.....
It's the global recession. I've seen many more DIY parts for (private) sale the last year or so than ever before.

Actually, if I think about it, this is the most active forum I can recommend. Pity I don't read German or Japanese...
Old 5th September 2009, 11:38 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
On the other hand, the Swedish DIY scene may be right up your alley, especially the pics.
=> http://www.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=75339

Already visited the audio forum de Venezuela ?
Old 5th September 2009, 02:04 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default There's no intention to leave this forum...i want one more, to see more DIYers

building things dear Hugh...no way to leave this forum...only if management kick me out...almost all i know was because forum, here i met you and made a good friendship, also a lot of nice folks, i have learned a lot here, i found my nephew because of this forum...no way to leave this forum.

But i am feeling the real true diyers are reducing, the activity is virtual (simulators) and theories.... repairs, upgrades and updates ...but new amplifiers, new ideas and people building this, that or those.... is not happening, the way it used to be a couple of years ago,...we have no JLH beeing build, also no class A monsters....no new ideas made into real world with folks holding soldering irons..the last ones i saw was Quasi, something on Roender, Dunlap and some other folks including Jan Dupont...but nothing more than that.

People have beein imagining a lot of things..but not even have build to test...so.... only into imagination.

I will try this one, that forum from Venezuela, as i can read and write (more or less) the Spanish language (Brazil speaks Portuguese)....

I cannot read Netherland language, not even German...only french, Italian, spanish and portuguese....those are the places were i am searching for a diy forum...and the forum will be another one...not to be "the one"

There's no forum alike this one we have...but even here, we have some seasonal "emptyness".

Thank you Shaun....regards from Brazil my dear friend.

We were having some rain in brazil, temperature is 28 at the Northeastern area, last days we had some rain, winds from Europe are 20 miles per hour... from Northeast to Southwest... a time to be lazy, to sleep a little and to stay together chating around the building watching dogs hunting for lady dogs to have some love affair.
regards,

Carlos

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by destroyer X; 5th September 2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 5th September 2009, 02:11 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

hi mr carlos,

we will very pleasure to see you our forum ; maybe language will be problem but we can solve this..

forum.diyaudiotr.com

best regards..

Last edited by yildiray; 5th September 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 5th September 2009, 02:27 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Yildiray ..... this was nice (naaahissss!)

heheheh
Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carlos Eugênio.jpg (257.5 KB, 614 views)
Old 5th September 2009, 02:46 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Projects by fanatics, for fanatics...

I can think plently of examples of projects in this forum.

I think it does what it says on the tin.

Perphaps was is missing is proper documentation of the big, successful popular projects in this forum. All the information is buried in lengthy threads. I think the management of this forum could encourage people or themdelves or delegate people to document things (in wikis, pdf's etc).

I know this is not easy, but it would send the popularity of this forum through the roof - thus bringing more people in and more diverse projects.

Last edited by chatziva; 5th September 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 5th September 2009, 03:16 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fixxxxxer
Mr. Machado, my friend yildiray and i have been following your projects for a long time, especially on power supply detailing... As my friend Yıldıray said, we will really be pleased to see a DIY guru like you in our forum, laguage is definitely should not be a problem, as me and many of the members can help you with translations easily... By the way there are really interesting, detailed and well-designed projects on the forum, especially developed by the administrators. You can visit the mainpage and the forum here:

http://www.diyaudiotr.com/
http://forum.diyaudiotr.com/

kind regards from Türkiye...
Old 5th September 2009, 03:19 PM   #10
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

I'm building the JLH, and will report about it. Although I'm new here, I've been intrigued by the number of new ideas you post here.

Hide this!Advertise here!