NAD 3150 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I had a NAD 3150.. unfortunately, I've never built a solid state, nor do I have the service manuals..

The problem: no sound in speakers / no speaker output in A or B

So far, I know its not the input, there is signal coming out of the rec out and the preout. If i put a line level into the "main in" where the preout is jumpered to, there is still no sound to the speakers. Can anyone advise on where to begin?

thanks!

The light on means its in "protection" and the speaker relay will not engage. When the amp is not going in to protection, the light is off and you should be able to hear a distinct "click" of the relay engaging after a few seconds or so after powering on. There is a fault in the amp section or the protection circuit itself.

I surmize that you have no experience with electronics and amp repair. I'm not a proponent of getting people with little to no experience poking around in an amplifier. My best advice at this point would be to have an experienced tech check the amp out for you.

If you can point me in the right direction I think I can handle it. I've built a simple se and various other electronics.. its just my first solid state experience. =)and yes, you're right, I don't hear the click... should've thought of that first. sounds like something is shorting?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.