Stee has sent me Isy boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have already tried the circuit into the protoboard, and have listened..sounded very good, despite in the simulation the distortion is higher than 0.2% THD....but sounded very nice...had focus... a lot of details, strong treble and fair basses..... voices were normal, nothing exceptional in that frequency range.

Some people do not believe and do not respect Stee designs, you should try to listen by yourselves, to evaluate by yourselves...to really behave DIY.

Near future i will assemble into Stee boards to see if i will have problems...for sure they will not present problems, because the mess i had into the protoboard, is more oscilation addicted, than Stee boards.

Thank you very much Stee.... by your kindness to provide me boards and to listen (and listen) the evaluations i have sent by mail.

Details from Stee can be found into our forum. he has some threads opened.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Stee.jpg
    Stee.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 86
Isy (easy) amplifier is interesting, as uses power transistors into the driver's...

... position.... this way, he is avoiding problems of gain.

We know that PNP and NPN use to be different in gain..hard to match them..but, if you combine an NPN and a PNP in a single rail...and of course a PNP and an NPN in the other rail, you will match the gain into the rails.

Imagine a gain 50 into the npn...and a gain of 100 into the pnp.... the multiplication results into 5000 of gain as result of that combination.

This way you gonna have 5000 of gain in upper rail and 5000 of gain in the lower rail.

If not using that, the positive rail will face 2500 of gain when the negative rail will face 10000.

Despite of this advantage, the distortion is higher (numbers) compared to good AB amplifiers...it works in AB and sounds fine despite of that.

The second advantage is that may work better reducing the main amplifier gain and including a Fet amplifiers in the input, or in the VAS position.....or including an operational amplifiers into the input.

I do not like the idea to include the Op amp, as inside the op amp we have entire amplifier..we have differential, VAS, drivers and output..and despite nice numbers, i think (I believe and also i have tested/listened) they produce a sonic "signature" into the reproduction...and each chip with their own signature..so... you will never know your op amp choice was the better..will be searching and searching and replacing and replacing till the end of your lifetime always having doubts about.

Stee is good designer...he is creative and do not want to repeat the same old song..reason why i have strong appreciation/respect on him.

Stee is fast, he does things fast, he is clever and has special vision about audio... equiped as a cat.. fast, clever and great vision!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Fast, clever and has good vision.jpg
    Fast, clever and has good vision.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.