30 year old Onkyo find works perfectly!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.zillaaudio.com/onkyo.htm

Found this Onkyo TX-5000 in someones trash a couple weeks ago. I recognized what it was from two blocks away. It cleaned up beautifully and works perfectly!

I drooled over these older Onkyo receivers when i was a teenager and am so happy to have one now.

My father has an old Tandberg (still working but scratchy/static sounding knobs) I may want to grab it one day... and i do see some of the beautiful old Luxman receivers on ebay all the time.

Just sharing my lovely find!

Godzilla

Alcohol?

It uses to dilute paint and to turn some transparent plastic with white colour..opaque, not more transparent.

You were very lucky... i suggest you to use alcohol to clean glasses and into electronics to clean board solder flux..also to medical purposes.

Yep..some use to be drunk too....hic!

You're twice lucky..to find that unit and to use alcohol without damage.

regards,

Carlos

Nice find! I love old school stuff as well.

Alcohol shouldn't do any damage to paint or plastics. It does attack Plexiglass aka PMMA, though! Never use acetone, methanol, petrol or anything clorinated to clean plastics or paint.

Edit: With alcohol, I meant ethanol. Rubbing alc is AFAIK propanol?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.