ADA 4627 (ADA4627-1) outperform Burr Brown's OPA 627 (OPA627) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2009, 07:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ADA 4627 (ADA4627-1) outperform Burr Brown's OPA 627 (OPA627)

I have discover this new operational amplifier:

================================================== ======================
The ADA4627-1 is a wide bandwidth, high precision, JFET input amplifier from ADI’s Advanced Bipolar Trench Isolated Process, iPOLAR. These amplifiers have low offset, drift, and bias current. Operation is fully specified from 8 V to 36 V single supply (±8 V to ±18 V dual supply).
The ADA4627-1offers better AC performance compared to the OPA627, higher slew rate, higher bandwidth, and better capacitive load drive capability.
================================================== ======================
perhaps of interest for OPA627 user's

For more information and download of datasheet go to

http://www.analog.com/en/amplifiers-...s/product.html

Unfortunately I cannot find the simplefield schematic and there are no DIP-8 outline, only the outlines for surface mounted design
Old 28th August 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

It's quite likely they are only SMD types, unlike the OPA627 which has DIP version.
Old 29th August 2009, 03:10 AM   #3
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

TI hasn't been standing still - opa827 looks good too
Old 4th September 2009, 02:51 AM   #4
SamL is offline SamL  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Opa627 are not cheap. Not sure how much is this ADA4627-1??
Anyone know who selling them?
Old 30th October 2009, 06:07 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
Unfortunately I cannot find the simplefield schematic and there are no DIP-8 outline, only the outlines for surface mounted design
is this the circuit diagram? go to
Boliven Patents - US7071781: High speed, high resolution amplifier topology - Reader
I do not rule out the possibility, that this could be the internal circuit of this new IC and that from National Semiconductor (LME series)
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:44 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I've got samples but only 2 of single opamp...I need 2 more...

haven't tried yet...
Old 13th October 2010, 01:36 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Any feedback

Hi Guys
I discovered this amp through a great modder of pro audio gear (Jim Williams of Audio Upgrages).
I tried them in my mic preamps where I have LM6171's and they sound fantastic. Wonderful lows and mids. Everything sounds BIGGER compared to the LM6172s.
I'm not much of an EE though. I thought to try these in analog ins and outs of my digital multitrack recorder (Jim put 6172s in there) but I'm not sure how to compare them in order to feel somewhat safe dropping a pair in the check them out? Brown Dog makes a 2:1 adapter.
I'd really appreciate any advice you learned folk could give me?
Thanks and Best
F5
Old 13th October 2010, 01:49 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi all
Original op amps in the recorder were NJM2115s
Thanks Again
F5
Old 13th October 2010, 10:10 AM   #9
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Are we talking LM4562's (also known as LME47910)?

BTW, solidering SMD SOIC's is very easy to do - you should not let SMD put you off.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:20 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Bonsai

I did not know that LM4562 = LME47910. Thanks

I've got no problem soldering SMD Op Amps.

Saw the nice tutorial here (Thanks Mooly) and the one posted on the Brown Dog website.

I have spent the last couple of days pouring through all the threads on Op Amps! My head is spinning! But You all have given me more options to choose from.
I think I'd like to try the LM4562, LME49860, adapted (2:1) 4627-1 and possibly adapted LM6171. I'd like the recorder to have a nice neutral but lively and spaceous sound.

I did see some folks state the LM4562 is a great replacement for the NJM4565s. Those are the analog output amps and I would guess the LM4562 might be good for upgrading the NJM2115 input chips as well?

It also appears to be a good idea to put .1uF monoceramic caps from pins 4 (-V) and 7(+V) to ground to prevent any oscillations?

I'll do a channel of each qualitatively and then get my hard to get over buddy over with his O scope.

I was also reading somewhere that it is better to use single op amps if you can (so maybe a pair of LM6171s on a Brown Dog adapter would be even better than the LM6172?). If I remember right, it had to do with dual amps not having proper grounding? What do you all think about this exercise?

I am also going to check the voltages at the in/out op amps as well to narrow down the op amp choices. Schematics show input operates at 5V and the output operates at 15V

One other thing I was curious about that maybe you guys could help me with?

I was also thinking of putting 0.01uf polyprop Wima bypass caps on the blocking electrolytics near the in and out amps. Since there isn't a lot of room on the board, I will bend the Wima leads so that the cap sits directly under the elytics. Do you have to worry about these cap leads being long-ish. I remember reading somewhere here that you want the 0.1uf caps no more than 10mm away from the legs of the op amps.....but I think that had more to do with helping high frequency power supply getting into the amps or was it the converters (those do have both electros and 0.1uf SMD ceramics around them)?

Head is spinning! But I am having a good time!

Thanks for any feedback

All the Best
F5

Hide this!Advertise here!