MJE 340 / MJE 350 (MJE340/MJE350) and BD159 - GBP (Transit frequency fT) unknown?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 10MHz is the number for the 350, fT of the 340 is twice as high on average.
fT numbers for the 340/350 have been tested/posted quite of few times. At diyA, search for posts of either JCX, Andy_C or Pierre Lacombe.

Sort of an attitude like : more than sufficient for the intended purposes. The ones who use them for designs/projects do seem to hold that view. (=> as well. Gawd, how i love to make fun of folks :clown: )

Last edited:
tiefbassuebert,
who knows, missing information about transition frequency, Cob and some other characteristics of importance, cannot be very linear anyway, better avoided.
Nevertheless I find this types in a wide range of high end audio amplifiers in the second voltage gain stages (pre-driver). The question is mainly for me, that is the best value of idle current for this types

fT numbers for the 340/350 have been tested/posted quite of few times. At diyA, search for posts of either JCX, Andy_C or Pierre Lacombe.

Well, I wouldn't trust my numbers on that. Those posts of mine were helping out some people having simulation troubles, so the fT numbers came from the models. OnSemi has been notoriously bad in their model accuracy, so whether the models match the parts regarding fT is unknown (to me at least).

Mr Lacombe posted his correlating numbers from measurements as well, he's a respected long term audio mag writer so little reason not to take his figures for truth.

Pff, the hard labor one has to do overhere : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83114#post83114

(i measured similar numbers of these parts in the late 1980s when life was just fun and games, but people would take me seriously had i posted that, much easier to quote the notorious)

The 10MHz is the number for the 350, fT of the 340 is twice as high on average.

Sort of an attitude like : more than sufficient for the intended purposes. The ones who use them for designs/projects do seem to hold that view. (=> as well. Gawd, how i love to make fun of folks :clown: )

They are good high voltage transistors.
I have used them many times in my designs.

They are very common in other peoples designs too so cant be too bad.

MJE340 and MJE350 now available from Magnatec, as I read about this offer from rs components:
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | NPN Power |MJE340
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | PNP Power |MJE350
But I don't find their own datasheets neither there nor on the own site of Magnatec , only this one from ST in short form version. I will ask Magnatec about the reason.

In general, Magnatec offer a wide range of fine solid state components for audio, both own producs and such from some jap. manufacturers like Sanyo, Sanken, JRC and Samsung - go to
http://www.semelab.com/pdf/acc.pdf
but there I don't find the MJE340/MJE350

Last edited:
MJE340 and MJE350 now available from Magnatec, as I read about this offer from rs components:
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | NPN Power |MJE340
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | PNP Power |MJE350
But I don't find their own datasheets neither there nor on the own site of Magnatec , only this one from ST in short form version. I will ask Magnatec about the reason.

30p each from cricklewood electronics
Cricklewood Electronics - CCTV. CCTV Equipment. CCTV Systems. Digital CCTV Cameras

tiefbassuebertr,
why do you insist on caring about those mediocre types? They apparently exhibit irresistible attractiveness to you.

because those mediocre types be offer from a brand with only first class semiconductor devices. This fact make me confuse.
But perhaps all parameters could be better than the MJEs from ON or ST - this I want to find out.

the MJE340/MJE350 are dreadful devices...the only reason of their fame
is their high Vce...at the time, it was impossible to found the japanese bjts
with vastly superior perfs...so the (mainly) US public has to rely on these
motorola device, the like of the MJ15xxx family..rugged but low perfs
in matter of linearity..now wonder that the japanese amps displayed distorsions
one magnitude order lower despite similar scematics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.