NAD 3020 humming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hej good folks!

I've got a problem with my NAD 3020. It's humming, loud enough to be inacceptable. It does'nt seem to be affected by the volume, its always the same.
Now, should I change the capacitors near the power-supply (as I've seen some say often cause the humming in these type machines) or has THIS something to do with it (please look at the picture). These capacitors seems to have been really hot at one time or another as the plastic cover is pealing of like a beuty-cream at the end of a fashion-show brawl.

What do you think?

Thanks alot in advance for your thoughts!

Erik

Attachments

• 3020inuti.jpg
    3020inuti.jpg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 306

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Those 2 that are melted... use high temperature rated ones there, maybe higher voltage rated ones too.

"...pealing of like a beuty-cream at the end of a fashion-show brawl."

:p Haha. I didn't know they had fashion show brawls. Is that the latest reality TV trend? Is the runway shaped like an octagon with a fence around it?

..Todd

for the 3020 , not many caps on the amps ( 1 - 1000u @ 6.3 2 - 1u @ ??? input caps and the 47u@ 25v bootstrap).

I only have the amp schema (attached), but I'm sure the supply caps are
small. For the best caps , 20- 30 USD would be max.

Also , regrease the 2n3055/2955 OP's , bd139's (Vbe/driver).

Go up in voltage to the next level (example 47u@25v < 47u @35/50v)
Input caps can be higher grade poly NP 1uf's
OS

Attachments

• nad3020.gif
    nad3020.gif
    69.8 KB · Views: 241
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.