diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Pioneer SA 9500II (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/149594-pioneer-sa-9500ii.html)

Big_Bill 25th August 2009 01:30 PM

Pioneer SA 9500II
 
Is anyone familar with this amp? I would like to know what class/type SS amp it is, or any other info you may have. Thank you.:confused:

EchoWars 26th August 2009 09:40 AM

Regular old Class aB amplifier, rated at 80WPC, sold from about '78 to '80 for a retail price of $450.

Big_Bill 26th August 2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EchoWars (Post 1907286)
Regular old Class aB amplifier, rated at 80WPC, sold from about '78 to '80 for a retail price of $450.

Thank you EchoWars! Does anyone have an opinion as to where it might rank in sound quality?

homemodder 26th August 2009 02:30 PM

I think I have the service manual for this if you interested.

Big_Bill 26th August 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homemodder (Post 1907469)
i think i have the service manual for this if you interested.

Yes I am!:)

homemodder 26th August 2009 03:48 PM

Its a bigish file, send me a email and ill mail it to you.
Its the mark I though but i dont think there will be much changes to mark II.

Nico Ras 27th August 2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 1907356)
Thank you EchoWars! Does anyone have an opinion as to where it might rank in sound quality?

At the time top of the class amp, also remember the dollar was worth around 20-30 times more than it is today.:o Call it maybe $ 9000 to 12000 in today's terms.

slowpat 1st September 2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 1906677)
Is anyone familar with this amp? I would like to know what class/type SS amp it is, or any other info you may have. Thank you.:confused:

I have not listened to one personally but the amp is over engineered with everything "heavy duty". This amp would not sweat at anything you throw at it. The build is superb. I had a chance to buy one, but decided to pass on it, but I've always had doubts. If you can buy it at a good price, you should go for it. This won't sound the same way as the SX-1250 or SX-1980 though.

Big_Bill 11th September 2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpat (Post 1912998)
I have not listened to one personally but the amp is over engineered with everything "heavy duty". This amp would not sweat at anything you throw at it. The build is superb. I had a chance to buy one, but decided to pass on it, but I've always had doubts. If you can buy it at a good price, you should go for it. This won't sound the same way as the SX-1250 or SX-1980 though.


Thanks Slowpat! I have two of them. The first one I bought in a pawn shop ten years ago for 35.00 US. The other I recentley bought came to me as a packagage deal which included the TX-9500 II tuner, CT-F100 cassett deck, PL 630 turn table and the Pioneer "speck audio rack" with the fancy chrome plated wheels.

I am now using this amp with my 3.5 DIY build. I need to know the specs on this amp, as I dont want to damage it. Do you, or does anyone else have any detailed information on this amp?

Thanks in advance, Bill.:confused:

Stuey 11th September 2009 04:17 AM

Hi Bill,

Audiokarma has loads of Pioneer information available from the site.

Cheers

Stuey


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2