where can I have a custom made heatsink?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I would like to know if anybody can suggest me a store or whoever can offer a small volume production CNC tooling service.
I need to manufacture a simple heatsink which is small cube with a "pocket" for 8 jfets (TO-92 pack) in line inside.
The cube a little wider, of course, than the jfets and and inside is a juggled task for the 8 jfets which are placed in line same orientation, one by another.
I can supply the drawing in autocad 2004's format.
I only need 4-10 parts for now.
I am googling to see if there is any business who does this small production but I was unable to find any up till now.

Thank you all for your attention.

Any suggestion is very welcomed.

Best.

Last edited:
Small CNC heatsink run

Hi

There are many companies here in the UK can can provide this service.

If you would like a quotation then send me your files and I will arrange it.

Obviously the carriage from the UK to Italy will not be cheap nor quick. So if you can find a precision machining company locally it could be faster and cheaper.

Regards

if I am not wrong is should be TO92.

In my board I have the 8 Jfets in vertical line meaning, the curved edge faces the flat face and so on forming thus a juggled shape for the eventual heatsink that will have to wrap them all around.
I can't just use a flat piece of aluminum and join them on.

This has to look good at least decent so trying to improvise a curvy piece of aluminum wouldn't be the type of style i wish for this board.

if I am not wrong is should be TO92.

In my board I have the 8 Jfets in vertical line meaning, the curved edge faces the flat face and so on forming thus a juggled shape for the eventual heatsink that will have to wrap them all around.
I can't just use a flat piece of aluminum and join them on.

This has to look good at least decent so trying to improvise a curvy piece of aluminum wouldn't be the type of style i wish for this board.

The problem is, different cases have different sizes, and they still are called TO92.

thanks Peter helpful as usual.

I would need something like that but for 8 jfets in line.
I don't have room to fit 4 of them and to re-adjust the layout.
If there is any possibility to make something like that with this rough juggled outline... then great.
I was actually thinking of something simpler, just an aluminum rectangular shape for the outside the jfet's outline milled at the inside.
nothing fancy like that...
i am wondering though, if there is any CNC shop even in the US that makes these things of een fancy things like that :) .

You can easily make something like that yourself. Take an aluminum plate, 5mm or so thick, and drill bunch of 4.9mm holes. Push the fets inside, if loose use epoxy for better fit and on top glue some fancy ready made heatsink pattern. Simple, isn't it? ;)

Attachments

• heat.jpg
    heat.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 230
You can easily make something like that yourself. Take an aluminum plate, 5mm or so thick, and drill bunch of 4.9mm holes. Push the fets inside, if loose use epoxy for better fit and on top glue some fancy ready made heatsink pattern. Simple, isn't it? ;)

Looks simple, but instead of epoxy heatsink grease will serve better; and if to use fins they must be oriented along the air flow, otherwise they would be almost useless.

And again, TO92 can be of different sizes.

> that solution is especially perfect for 2SK170BL.

For those interested, see :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135359&page=5

We just ordered 50 for our own use, but Peter will get 5 sent free of charge, for his effort with the AJX boards.
Mark will get in touch once he has the sinks.

;)

Patrick

Attachments

• Dual JFET.jpg
    Dual JFET.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Like this ??
Works like a treat, even with varying TO92 dimensions.

Patrick

Patrick looks like this but the quartets on my board are one by another (i.e. there no distance in between), plus the jfets are all one by another too, instead, on your sink, each jfet is a spaced from the next.

Just wondering one thing though: for thermal stability, wouldn't it be better to have a heatsink that has a solid top so that even the top of the jfets are all in contact with the surface of the sink instead?

hey Stefanoo,
I would be happy to take a look at the autocad file and see if I can make these parts for you. I would love to help a fellow DIY! I have CNC capabilities so it might not be such a big deal. email me.

you are very kind.
I have sent you a message through the board.
My email anyways is kyokoforever@virgilio.it

I can't send files through the board so as soon as I have your email address i will forward them to you.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.