Denon AVR-2802, Advice Appreciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All!

This receiver (Denon AVR-2802) has not worked for over a year now. I bought a used B&K-202 to replace it, before it too started to act up. I recently converted the B&K into a 5ch power amp with the guidance of a few very helpful forum members. Now I'm left without a preamp and I'm looking again at this Denon as a possibility. I have a very hard time throwing things away, especially things that might be usable, if not for my lack of experience.

As of now, when it's plugged in there is no indication of power (ie: no lights, no sounds, no nothing). I haven't taken anything apart, but I've taken readings to show that the main power transformer isn't getting power at all. There's a smaller secondary transformer, but I cant get to the leads without tearing stuff apart (which I'm sure I'll be doing eventually).

I have the AVR-2802 service manual pdf, but it seems very confusing after looking at the nice clean B&K schematics :rolleyes: The size is 37MB, so if anyone would like to take a look at it, I'll have to post it up somewhere (holding off until there's interest).

I'm just wondering if this is salvageable at all, and I'm looking for some advice on where to start. My experience with the B&K has really got me interested in home audio electronics, though I'm only seeing the tip of the proverbial iceberg at this point. All help greatly appreciated!

Have you check the main line fuses of the pilot transformer(small one) ?

If they are intact, check for the secondry of it. You should be geting a SM12v, Which is the primary source for the D+5v for the micro'processor.

This the first step.. IF you still persit with the problem, get back... Will try tracing from there...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.