Servo & speaker protection combo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is what I am going to use as a servo and speaker protection.

Speaker protection is triggered by clipping of servo, i.e. when there is some voltage greater than 0.3V on it's inverting input. Opamps are TL061

Any comments/suggestions?

servo-sp-1.gif

Hi Wavebourn,

Great minds think alike. I have used the output of the servo as a trigger for speaker protection for several years. I put a window detector on the output of the integrator and use it to open the speaker relay if the magnitude of attempted correction by the servo is greater than about half the available correction voltage.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob Cordell said:
Hi Wavebourn,

Great minds think alike. I have used the output of the servo as a trigger for speaker protection for several years. I put a window detector on the output of the integrator and use it to open the speaker relay if the magnitude of attempted correction by the servo is greater than about half the available correction voltage.

Thank you Bob;
I used similar approach before, but now decided to allow servo to try all it's best and to trigger protection as soon as servo can't keep up anymore, and voltage on it's inverting input abruptly changes.
I will probably need 2 more diodes, to protect inputs of opamps from an overvoltage.

servo-sp-2.gif

sivan_and said:

use 12 volt relay :D (& reduce 24 to 12 relay driving volts)

Unfortunately I have no 15A relays with 12V coil that can be driven by less than 100 mA current; all 15A relays I have need 24V 20 mA.
Couple of advantages are: I can use LED in series with the relay, and I can keep 12V rail, that is used for a servo as well, clean. However, there is one more advantage: industrial control transformers with 18V secondaries I have will fit well in this particular application.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.